chapter forty-three

Last night was odd to say the least. I don't think I remember a time where I felt so comfortable around Damon before. After his confession to stabbing Mason we just spent hours on end talking and it wasn't even about anything specific, but just about anything and everything that crossed our minds. It was nice. It was different.

It was different side to Damon that I was experiencing. He was being kind and considerate, totally unlike his usual cocky self...And he listened to me. He seemed to hang off off every single word I said, like he was generally interested.

I'm sure I was the same. I never realised before just how interesting he could be, just how much he had to say. Some of his stories he told me were captivating. Some of the things he had managed to do in his extremely long life were just outstanding and I was envious. I wanted to do what he did. I wanted to travel. I wanted to see beautiful things in the world...Maybe one day.

I don't remember falling asleep last night but when I awoke early this afternoon, I half expected to find Damon lying beside me asleep...But he wasn't and I couldn't help the feeling of disapointment bubbling deep in my stomach.

I laid there in bed, staring aimlessly up at the ceiling, my thought's clouded by Damon and his unexpected openness to me last night. I couldn't seem to be able to get it out of my head, it was all I could think about...I wasn't complaining about it. I was growing attached to Damon ever so slowly, and found myself craving his pressence. He makes things interesting...Fun in a way -When he's not killing my brother that is.

Ring, Ring. My phone twittered and vibrated on the bedside table beside me.

Just as I reached over for it, something crinkled underneath my arm. I pulled back my arm quickly and slowly a small folded peice of paper uncrinkled itself.

Lillie. Was written neatly on the front top.

I picked it up gently between my fingers and flipped it open.

You fell asleep on me -Mid conversation may I just add.

I just wanted to say 'thank you' for last night.

It was nice.

I'll probably end up seeing you later, seeing as you can't seem

stay away for long.

Don't pretend you didn't smile at that.  And you know it's true.

Im just too irrestable.

-Damon.

P.S You snore, just though i'd let you know.

Damon was right, I couldn't pretend I wasn't smiling at that because I was, only because that was such a Damon thing to say. It was kind of obvious that he was going to say something like that at some point.

I clenched my fingers around the piece of paper, crumpling it up and tossing it across the room is the general direction of the small pastic waste bin.

I wasn't really bothered whether it got in or not, Elena would probably end up putting it in the bin for me later if I had missed.

Ring Ring. My phone sounded again.

I reached for it again, grabbing it and pressed the little green button. "Yes, Elena?"

"You've been ignoring everyone." She stated immediatley.

"Not everyone."

"What?" She asked. "Who?

"Damon." I replied simply. Normally I probably would have kept quiet about the whole thing but what was the point, plus Elena doesn't like him and it brings me joy to piss her off lately. She bought it on herself.