chapter nineteen

Hmmmm, what to wear?" I mumbled  as i rummaged though my wardrobe trying to decide on what to wear. The screeching of the metal hangers sliding across the bar was starting to get irritating, as well as the fact that i had no clothes to wear. I continued to look my way through when a white flowy top caught my eye. I reached back and grabbed it bring it forward. As the top came into few a wave of sadness crashed over me as i instantly recognized it as Vicki's.

I held the top tightly in my hands as i walked backwards to my bed and gently sitting on the edge. She'd only be gone a few days and i already missed her like crazy, every time i thought of her my head would start pounding and i got this horrid feeling in my stomach that something was severely wrong with her, but i just couldn't figure out what . I looked down a the top in my hand and sighed. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I thought. 

I was bought  out of my thoughts by a knock on my door.  A part of me wanted to ignore whoever was there and continue what i was doing, but the part of me that obviously responds before i will it too, took it upon their self to answer. "Come in."

Elena pushed the door open and lent against the door frame. "Hey, you got any plans for tonight?"

"Why?" I asked, shifting on the bed so that i could face her.

"I was going to head over to the grill, was wondering if you wanted to come with me?" Elena shifted from one foot to the other, nervously.

"What's up, Lena?"  I asked, patting the spot next to me. Elena grinned and walked over, plonking down next to me, leaning her head on my arm.

"Stefan's going to be at the grill, and i want to talk to him and sort it out but i," She paused before sighing, "i feel like it's not for the best." 

I chuckled lightly and she immediately sat up and smacked me. I quickly held my arms up in surrender. "It's not funny!" She exclaimed.

"I know. I know, and I'm not laughing because of that."

"Then what were you laughing at ?"

I turned completely and cupped her face. "Stefan is what's best for you, Lena, you're happy with him. He makes you happy. Eh, so what if he's a couple hundred years old, it happens,"  I shrugged, "But Stefan is so deeply in love with you, and you him, just because he's different doesn't mean he's not still the Stefan you fell in love with. He's still there, but now he's letting you see all of him. There are no secrets now, no lies."

I looked her deeply in the eyes and could clearly make out all the love she holds for this one man. I grinned at her. "He's your prince charming Lena, don't let him go and fall for another princess."

I let go of her face and stood up, stretching. After a couple of clicking bones i held my hand out for Elena. "We going to the grill or not?"

She smiled up and me and gripped my hand.

 "Elena, i'm going over to the bar, if you need me that's where i'll be." I shouted over the music to Elena, who stood next to me. She gave me a small smile before turning to watch Stefan. I chuckled under my breath as i walked over to the crowded bar. As soon as my but hit the seat i felt a presence behind me.

"Thought you weren't coming?" A voice spoke from right behind me. I could feel the warmth radiation off of their body, and mine for some reason was aching to to be pressed against it.

"No i said i wouldn't be going with you, Damon." I stated, keeping my gaze locked forwards. The chair next to me squeaked slightly as pressure was forced onto it.

"Well, that was a shame, we could have had fun."

I glanced over at Damon and he was watching me with his smirk stretched across his face. "I was having perfect fun before you decided to invade my personal space."