Nightmare

This is an AU but I don't have a name for it yet. Enjoy!

??? POV
———————————————————
He's running.

He's running.

But why him?

It shouldn't be him.

It shouldn't be him.

He's running away from.. something. Something deadly. Something that wants to kill him, but he can't let it. He needs to live, he wants to live.

Run ??? Run. He's close. Too close. He'll catch you. RUN.

A boy screams as he shoots up from his laying position, peering around the room for any movement. It was a dream? But it felt so real. Tears streamed down the boy's cheeks as he lays back down and cuddles into his teddy-bear. "Mama... I'm scared.." The boy whispers in hopes that his dead mother would answer him. Silence was his answer. It always had been since she died. The boy hated the feeling of being alone, only his teddy-bear there to comfort him.

He shouldn't really call it a teddy-bear, it's actually an enderman he thinks. It had a black side and a white side, but the boy didn't know what it was. All he knew was that it kept him safe, but, that's just what he thought. The boy's door opened, flooding the room with light. "Toby? Are you alright? I heard screaming." The boy, well, Toby's father asked. Toby couldn't get the words out of his mouth, it was like his throat was glued shut. His father could see the fear surrounding Toby but he didn't move. Toby turned away in hopes that his father would just leave him alone with his thoughts and stuff toy.

Eventually the man left, letting the room turn to darkness, the light coming through the curtains the only light source. "Mama...?" Toby called out. Why did he try? He would never get an answer. "R-ranboo I'm scared..." Surely his only friend would answer him, right? The boy waited. Eventually he got what he wanted.

"tubbo.."

Toby felt a wave of relief wash over him as he heard the voice. He never felt scared of it even though no one was there for him to see. "Show yourself.." Toby said, though he knew what the answer would be. "i can't..you know i can't.." Toby always disliked that answer. He'd never seen his friend before and he felt upset and annoyed about that. Just as Toby went to speak again, his toy moved to standing on it's own.

The boy went to scream before a wave of light made him squeeze his eyes shut. The light faded away in a matter of seconds but Toby didn't open his eyes. He waited for at least 10 seconds before doing so. The boy was expecting a larger version of his toy or something but instead he got something completely different. And when it moved it's mouth to speak that's when Toby realized.

"hello tubbo..."
———————————————————
Sorry this is short and it took ages to come out. I'll update my other story hopefully tomorrow. Also sorry that I haven't been making part 2's as some people have asked, I'll try doing them in the next few oneshots.

Have a great day/night everyone! <3