💔Ambush Angst💔

(Ambush has a bad time. I swear I can squeeze so much angsty material out of them in my AU. Topics in this story part may potentially be triggering to some. Read at your own risk. You have been warned.)

———

The emptiness.
The numbness.
The endless.

Life is just an endless cycle.
An endless cycle of suffering.
An endless cycle of misery.

No meaning.
No purpose.
No point.

Is it really worth it?
Is it really worth waking up feeling depressed?
Is it really worth waking up at all?

The depression...
The anger...
The restlessness...

They were being driven insane.

———

They looked at themself in the mirror, sighing heavily and looking at the floor. They got what they wanted. Shouldn't they be happy? They soon looked down at their arms, seeing the nasty scars from self harming in the past. That's when they thought about their job in this cursed place.

"Why? Why why why? Why can't I do my job correctly?!" They asked themself. "I haven't gotten any kills lately... it's not fair..."

They curled up into a ball and started crying, rocking back and forth while they did so. Soon, there was a knock on the door.

"Ambush? Are you ok? Everyone is worried about you. Especially Rush..."

"Go away. Leave me alone, Eyes."

"Nobody really dies to me anymore, if that's what's got you down. But look on the bright side, you're one of the three biggest killers in the hotel! You should be proud of yourself!"

"What is there to be proud of when you're depressed?!"

Eyes didn't know how to respond. Instead, Eyes just broke into Ambush's room and dragged them out of there, since he didn't want them doing anything harmful to themself. But that was proven to be too late, as he then noticed that there was blood running down their arms. Of course, Eyes had to call for Spirit, since Ambush was self harming.

Spirit decided to take on the therapist role.

———

Once Spirit was done with today's therapy session with Ambush, she had Rush go sit with them, just in case if anything bad happens or if they do anything drastic. They brought their knees to their chest and hugged their legs before burying their face between their knees and sobbing.

Why?
Why must things be this way?
Why must things like this happen to them?
Why is life so cruel?
Why do they get to suffer in this endless hell?

They were soon snapped out of their thoughts by someone calling their name. They looked to face whoever was calling their name with teary eyes. It was only their brother.

Ambush eventually cried themself to sleep, and Rush felt absolutely awful, knowing that he's tried everything to help his sibling. He wished that they would get better and be happy. He absolutely hated to see them suffer like they are.

This isn't fair.
This isn't right.
This isn't ok.
Why must it be like this?

Why must they suffer?
Why must they all suffer?
Why can't they be happy?
Why?

The suffering is eternal.
The suffering is endless.
In a cycle of hell.
In a place of fear and helplessness.

They shouldn't deserve to suffer this endless cycle of hell.

———

(No ideas for this one. I apologize. Hydrate or diedrate.)