💔Dupe Angst💔

Everything should be ok now that he's dead, right? Everything should be calm, right? But it isn't. The trauma from that incident, the trauma from his past. It all started from his parents expecting him to be this elegant little lady and do as she is told. But that's not who he is. This is the closest he'll ever be to who he wants to be.

———

It was an average Tuesday, the parents of a young Dixie Davenport had packed up her stuff and sent her to an all girls boarding school, hoping to cleanse her mind of being exposed to all those boy things she was doing. They expected her to be "better" than that. They expected her to be some elegant little lady whose only purpose is to reproduce and submit to her husband. This isn't the 1800's or some time like that. And that's one of the reasons why he is afraid to come out as trans to his parents.

When he had arrived at the school, his parents dropped him off, along with his stuff. He was immediately taken to a dorm room and his roommate also happened to be trans. It's nice to have a friend in this place.

"Have you ever heard the legend of the abandoned hotel? Or the stories of all those kids that went missing?" His dorm mate asked him.

"Yeah." He replied. "Going there sounds better than being here."

"I'd rather die than be here." The other boy stated. "This is a constant reminder that I'm stuck in this... this prison of a body."

"If those kids that went missing ended up being dead, I would like to join them in the afterlife." He spoke.

"Let's make a plan to run away from this place tonight. You can go to that hotel if you want to and I'll hitchhike across the country and go into foster care." The roommate proposed. "Sound like a plan?"

"Yes. Yes we should." He agreed.

——

When nighttime arrived, the two packed up some things and decided to run away. They said goodbye to each other before going their separate ways. And the journey to the hotel was longer than what he had expected it to be. He was glad that he made it, though.

After walking through a few doors, he threw his stuff down on the floor in a bedroom and laid down, finally getting some sleep. But once he opened his eyes...

"First Wilson, Gary, Hyde, Rune, and Amal. Next Seiko, Finley, Harvey, and Eros. Then Scott, Jack, and Timothy too. Now there's finally you."

Who the fuck?

"Do not be afraid, my dear Dixie, for I am Shadow, a being who will offer you a better life." The voice spoke. "I know you came here for a reason."

He picked up his stuff and ran. He was afraid. This mysterious being did something to those missing kids. But eventually, he got to a dark room.

"Psst. Hey, you."

He whipped his head around.

"Don't trust Shadow."

"Who... who even are you?"

"I'm Screech. I was one of those missing kids."

It seems that they all have been given new names. But he just simply introduced himself and then left, feeling scared. He wandered around until he bumped into someone wearing a black hoodie.

"D-Don't hurt me, Shadow!"

"I'm not Shadow."

Odd.

"Then who are you?" He asked.

"One of those missing kids." The person responded. "But if you want an exact name, they call me Seek. Anyways, never trust Shadow. He will subject you to endless pain and suffering and will keep trying to break you. I'm surprised he hasn't made me lose it yet..."

Those last two sentences just caused him to go. He eventually entered the library.

"I should be safe from Shadow here..." he whispered.

It was enough for the librarian of the hotel to hear.

"You're never safe from Shadow."

"How did you hear me from here? Who even are you?!" He asked.

"I'm Figure, one of those kids who went missing. I am the guardian of this library." The librarian responded. "Heed the warnings and get out while you still can. I don't know why you came here, but he can't get you if you're not in here. Since he knows you're here, he will actively hunt for you. He will catch you the longer you stand around. Now leave while you still can."

He did not hesitate to run. He ran until he got his over the head with something.

"I finally found you. Don't you ever try to run from your fate again, young Dixie."

Then everything went black. When he woke up, he was laying on a bed and in some new clothes. He noticed that Shadow was standing next to his bedside.

"Good morning, young Dupe. Welcome to the family."

———

"It's... it's not my fault... it's my parents' fault." Dupe whispered to himself as he put his black vest on for work.

There was knocking on the door.

"Who's there and what do you want?" He asked.

"You need to come see this. Jack decided to mess with Seek again, since he didn't learn his lesson the first time, and Jack is about to get his ass beat harder than he did the first time."

Dupe finished getting ready for the day and exited his room, seeing exactly what was being described. He had never seen anyone get so mad before. Hide then hit Jack with a newspaper and Figure got the spray bottle, to which Seek literally hissed like a fucking cat. Blind critter then carried eyeball critter away before he could get violent.

That somewhat helped. But it was still depression hours.

"Cheer up, man. Things are gonna be ok." Glitch reassured. "He's dead now, well he's been dead for quite some time now but... things will be ok."

Glitch then picked his boyfriend up and carried him to the breakfast table, where he saw Hide give Figure the newspaper just in case if Seek got violent. Jack was absent from the table, since he got put in gay baby jail for inciting violence.

———

(Another one done. Also happy December! Crisis in 24 days! Remember to hydrate or diedrate!)