the story of us

extended summary:

Adeline Wilson has hated Remus Lupin since the third year. In that particular year, she watched James Potter and Sirius Black tease a poor Slytherin first-year who couldn't find his common room. Lupin stood by watching his friends and rolling his eyes. However, that was not the reason why she hated Remus Lupin.

Later that same day, her friend Dorcas raved about how nice a tall, scrawny boy was to her. Adeline was shocked to hear such kind words about Lupin. Dorcas swore that he was not like Potter nor Black, but Adeline made up her mind in that moment.

A person is only as good as their friends, and Lupin's friends were scum. He didn't deserve high praise from the others in her year for being so "kind and considerate." Adeline detested the fact he was beloved by all. Adeline Wilson had hated Remus Lupin since the third year, but now it's sixth year and there's so much more to hate.

// author's note

Hi!! This is my first story and it's obviously not complete yet. I attend to make it a slow burn and will be changing some things from canon but keeping it overall the same. Genuinely I just forget some of canon and don't feel like re-reading all of Harry Potter and taking notes. Other things I added or changed around just to fit the plot better.

the first chapters are really really short as a way to ease into the book but become normal sized starting in like the fifth one

I love enemies/ rivals to lovers and I never really see anyone using Remus in those tropes (probably since he's hard to hate) so I decided to write one myself!

Hope you enjoy it!

update: I went through and renamed the chapters to Taylor Swift songs.... some of the title choices aren't the best but they make sense in my head