love story

Adeline, Remus, Tonks, and Mary sat at a random restaurant that was open late. They hadn't bother charming themselves to look presentable. Instead they sat at their table covered in filth and blood. The poor night waitress didn't even care.

They had expected that they would want to celebrate and be rowdy, but when they got there they realized just how tired they were.

"Can't believe it took over twenty years and a seventeen year old to kill that dick." Tonks said breaking the peaceful silence at their table.

"I still don't think I could even say his name." Adeline said softly. "Even before he did the spell thing on it I never said it."

Remus sat next to Adeline with Teddy in his lap. "This was all we did our whole lives. What purpose do we have now that it's over."

"I mean technically you all had a nice little break from the action when Harry was still growing up." Adeline pointed out.

"Yes because all of your friends being dead and thinking your other friends did it definitely means it was a 'nice little break.'" Mary remarked sarcastically.

"And having to go through transformations every month without the Marauders or your potion is a 'nice little break'."

"Mine wasn't really a break. I didn't start fighting until this half of the war." Tonks commented

The other three glared at her jokingly.

"Well we still got one good thing out of it." Remus said looking down at the baby in his arms.

"Shoutout to one night stands." Tonks said as she reached across the table to high five Remus.

"So Addy what was your reaction to this whole thing." Mary gestured between the duo, "Because I actually laughed out loud."

"She did it was terrifying." Tonks confirmed as grimaced.

"I choked on my drink." Adeline replied with a laugh. "Then when he told me about the marriage thing I had a panic attack."

"Wait you had a panic attack?" Remus asked concerned.

"Oh yeah I was flipping the fuck out as you were talking."

"Well you acted as if you didn't give a fuck." Remus replied bitterly.

"I gave many fucks."

"Well you should've said something!"

"I stopped your goddamn wedding Remus!"

"But you should've earlier!"

"Remus we're literally dating now who the fuck cares?"

"I care!"

"Well pardon me for being raised by strict Christians who taught me that if you knock someone up then you marry them."

"Well pardon me for being raised by two people who were in love and wouldn't want me to get married out of obligation."

"Your dad literally told you to marry her."

"How long are we going to let them fight?" Tonks whispered to Mary.

"This isn't even a fight, just bickering." Mary replied.

"It's a bit of a headache innit?"

"Oh absolutely, but it can be quite funny at times. Adeline has some great one-liners."

"I wish I never stopped that damn wedding because you're so fucking annoying." Adeline complained.

"Oh shove off we both know that you're completely smitten with me." Remus retorted.