i knew you were trouble

The next morning, Adeline woke up and didn't see her roommates. Thank Merlin, she thought. Adeline grabbed a small pink potion out of her drawer then made her way to breakfast. When she arrived Marlene and Dorcas were no where to be found.

"Bloody hell" Adeline sighed then started heading over to the Gryffindor entrance. Luckily it was the same password as the night before and she was able to slip right in. Upon entering the common room her eyes landed right on Remus'. Fuck Adeline thought as she started to head to the girls' dorms.

"Wilson, wait" Remus stopped her. He spoke quickly so Adeline wouldn't stop him, "I'm sorry for putting you in that position with your roommates. I figured the prank wouldn't work if you just borrowed a pair of their shoes. But I shouldn't have dragged them into it. That was a wrong assumption and I'm sorry."

"It's okay Lupin, I'm over it." Adeline started to head to the dorms again then stopped and turned back. "Why did you prank me though? I thought we were at a truce."

"I heard you and Dorcas in the library talking about a prank and figured I'd get you before you got me."

"Didn't your mom ever tell you eavesdropping was wrong? But, no, I did tell Dorcas I should prank you, but she made me swear I wouldn't so I haven't."

"That's why you haven't retaliated, damn. I've been on edge for the last two weeks."

"Hahah, I figured you would be. It's sort of a prank of its own."

"Well it worked."

"Yeah... I should get up to the girls." Adeline held up her potion. "Got some hangovers to cure."

Adeline went up the stairs to the girls section. She knocked softly on the door and was met with a chorus of groans. She started with Marlene and then made her way to all four girls- forcing each to drink a sip.

The girls all slowly started sitting up.

"That tastes better but it didn't work as well" Dorcas announced while still rubbing her forehead.

"It's still effective you just drank less since I had to split it between four of you instead of two." Adeline explained. "It's not a very efficient potion, the ingredients filled the cauldron but that's all I can get out of it."

"Lame, you should simply make it better" Marleen said teasingly.

"I'll get right on that." Adeline started pulling Dorcas out of bed. "Come on, it's breakfast time."

**************

After breakfast, Dorcas and Adeline spent the day in the library. Adeline was able to get most of her work for the week done at night when her roommates kept her up, but Dorcas left it all for the last minute.

"If I have to read one my word my eyes are going to burst." Dorcas groaned.

"I take that as it's time for a break?" Adeline asked.

"Yes. I'm gonna go find Marlene- make out with her a little - then crank this out." Dorcas said while standing up.

"I can't tell if you're kidding right now." Adeline responded.

"I don't know either, but I do know I need to leave this room."

"Haha, okay, well I'm going to head to the kitchens, come grab me when you want to start working again."

"Sounds good"

Adeline collected her things and headed over to the kitchens.