marjorie

Instead of partying or club hopping on Halloween, the group decided to stay in and have a scary movie marathon.

"Pizza's here!" James said excitedly as he sat the boxes down on their coffee table.

The others cheered as they passed around plates and started grabbing slices.

"Oh fuck I'm gonna be sick." Lily said sitting her plate on the floor and running to the bathroom.

Everyone else looked at each other confused. And James started to get up to go check on her.

"I'll see if she's okay James. You stay." Mary said urgently.

Marlene, Dorcas, and Adeline looked at each other concerned. They quickly got up to follow Mary to the bathroom.

"Zipline what's going on?" James asked suddenly worried.

"Nothing Rudolph, just girls being girls." Adeline responded nonchalantly before catching up with the others.

The five girls sat in the bathroom. Lily with her head over the toilet, Mary holding her hair back, Dorcas and Marlene on the edge of the tub, and Adeline on the sink.

"Guys I'm honestly fine." Lily said turning away from the toilet.

"Really Lils?" Mary asked earnestly.

"Yes really. Just felt nauseous. The pizza smell was so strong."

"You know what that's a symptom of right?" Marlene inquired.

Lily defiantly shook her head, "It can't be that. We use protection."

"And you know that's not one hundred percent effective." Dorcas told her sympathetically.

Lily's eyes slowly began watering, "I can't be pregnant. Not with the war. I can't. Not until after it's over."

"Let's not freak out until after you take a test." Adeline suggested.

"Plus when was your last period?" Mary asked.

Lily took a minute to calculate, then her face fell, "It was supposed to be last week."

"Shit." Mary responded.

"Don't panic. Okay. I'll sneak out to go get a test. Everything will be okay." Adeline explained calmly.

"I can't be pregnant Addy." Lily wiped away the tears that began to pool in her eyes.

"If you are Lily, there are other options. You don't have to have the kid, if it isn't right for you. But let's not stress until we know for sure. Okay?" Adeline told her.

"Okay." Lily responded quietly.

They decided that Marlene would apparate to the store to get the pregnancy test rather than have Adeline run or drive. When she returned the girls were exactly where she left them.

"Time to pee on a stick Lils." Marlene said handing it to her.

"Close your eyes." Lily said as she pull the test out of the box.

When Lily finished they sat it on the counter and checked the clock.

Then was the waiting.

"I can't be pregnant guys, I can't. Not now. Not yet. I want kids, I do. But the kid would be a halfblood. It isn't safe for it. And I can't fight if I'm pregnant. I'd be sidelined and James would still be out in danger and I can't do it."