the way i loved you

Bill sent Aberforth a Patronus to let him know that Adeline and Dobby were safe at Shell Cottage with him and Fleur. The pair planned on returning to Hog's Head at the end of Easter Break so they could be there for the Hogwarts students once more.

On their last day before leaving, Shell Cottage received an extra guest.

"Harry?" Remus Lupin called out as he walked up the beach. "Bill told the Order you were here!"

"Professor Lupin?" Harry responded as he exited the house.

"Harry! I have great news!" Remus beamed as he ran up to approach him.

"What did we get in an argument about two years ago?" Harry asked as he pulled out his wand.

"When the fuck did we get in an argument?" Remus asked genuinely confused.

"More of a tiff really." Harry conceded while keeping his wand pointed at Remus, "I was probably more angry than you."

"Oh, Adeline's birthday?" Remus suddenly remembered.

"Yes. You were being very annoying about that,"Harry said as he put the wand away, "Now what's the news?"

"I'm the proud father of a beautiful baby boy."

"No way!" Harry smiled as he wrapped his arms around him.

"Tonks gave birth two weeks ago. They're both doing great."

"What's his name?" Harry asked as he stepped back from the hug.

"Edward Remus Lupin after Tonks's father. We plan on just calling him Teddy."

"I can't believe you're a father." Harry said still smiling.

"I can't either. He's the most perfect thing I laid my eyes on. And the full Moon happened last week and he exhibited no werewolf traits."

"That's amazing! Is he a metamorphmagus like Tonks?"

"We're not sure if he'll be a full one yet, but his hair is changing color every minute."

"Taking after his mother then."

"Wouldn't want it any other way." Remus replied genuinely.

"You have to tell Adeline, she'll be ecstatic."

"I want to, but I can't risk her safety going to Hog's Head. If something were to happen..."

"Remus she's here." Harry interjected bluntly.

"What?" Remus' smile faltered.

"She's up in the cottage. Taking a nap." Harry said as if he was telling him the weather.

"You're joking." Remus couldn't believe it.

"I'm not." Harry replied in earnest.

Remus didn't say anything else to Harry, just ran past him up into the cottage. He entered through the door and looked around. He turned to Bill who sat at their kitchen island,"Where's Addy's room?"

"Second on the right." Bill replied without looking up from the book he'd been reading.

Remus ran down the hallway and swung the door open. There Adeline laid sprawled out on a cot, napping peacefully. Remus took in the state of her, he could tell she was thinner, having lost the weight she put back on after Azkaban. And even though she was sleeping, she still had dark circles under her eyes.

Yet Remus found her to be the most beautiful thing he'd ever laid eyes on. He bent down next to her and lightly shook her awake.

Adeline groaned and tried to roll over, but Remus caught her arm, "Wake up Addy."