i'm only me when i'm with you

Adeline had to pull herself together. Her friends- her real friends- were leaving today. She wasn't about to ruin it for them.

She washed her face then reapplied makeup to cover her eyes that were red from crying.

She then went back downstairs and found the rest of the group outside playing quidditch.

"Took you long enough Adeline." Dorcas called time out and then went over to whisper to Adeline, "Were you sucking up to Remus or sucking him off cause damn you've been gone awhile."

Adeline snorted, "Neither. I had some letters to write in my room."

"Letters? To whom? All your friends are here."

"Dumbledore. I had an alchemy question." Adeline needed to stop lying to her friends.

"Potion related letters, how exciting." Dorcas laughed.

"Oh yes, thrilling." Adeline turned to the group, "Are you all going to be playing all day? Because if so I'm going to grab my knitting."

"Nah we're almost done. Just need to score twice and we win."

"Or we'll win once we score three times." Marlene sneered.

"In your dreams Mckinnon." Dorcas retorted flirtatiously then went back into their makeshift pitch.

Adeline sat in a chair next to Peter.

"You the ref?" She asked him.

"No, we're doing substitutions." Peter replied.

"Playing without a ref then? I bet that's going well."

"They're calling it street style quidditch. No rules."

"Damn that's brutal."

"Yeah."

A beat.

"How was Remus? Is he looking better? Last night was a rough one." Peter asked.

"Oh uh yeah he's alright. He appreciated the food."

"That's good. He's always starving after full moons."

"I would be too." Adeline said, "It was nice of you and James to cook this morning."

"We just wanted to do something nice for the girls. And we saved some extra for you since you didn't come back down."

"Oh, thank you. I wasn't very hungry." Adeline's stomach growled, "Well more like I didn't have an appetite."

"Are you alright?"

"Never been better." Adeline lied.

"If you ever need to talk you can trust me Adeline. The boys always say I'm the most trustworthy out of us."

"Thank you for the offer, Peter, but I am fine, really."

"Of course."

Dorcas' team erupted into cheers. "Suck it Mckinnon- I came out on top as always."

"You are definitely not the top Meadows."

"La la la, did not need to hear that." James announced while holding his ears.

"Losing team buys dinner Mars. Hope you brought your wallet." Dorcas teased.

"You mean James and Peter aren't making dinner too?"

"And me!" Sirius interjected.

"I can make dinner," Adeline suggested. "If you're itching for something homemade."