begin again

Mary stayed with Adeline until the funeral and then went back to her own home. Harry was able to form a closer relationship with her through them bonding over loss, since Sirius' death was still fresh to him. He wanted to write to her, but instead agreed that he would borrow Adeline's phone to contact her.

In mid July, Dumbledore came to get Harry and take him to the Burrow. Surprisingly, after he picked up Harry, he went to grab Adeline as well.

"Surprised you're not leaving me to find Harry on my own again." Adeline quipped when he arrived at her house.

"Miss Wilson, I recall sending you a letter to the location I believed you were staying at."

"Aren't you supposed to be all knowing or some shit? You should've known I wasn't staying there."

"Maybe I'm not as all knowing as you think."

"Yeah right." Adeline scoffed. She didn't like Dumbledore, but she could admit he was powerful and intelligent- that's what made him dangerous.

"Before we arrive at the Burrow, we have a quick pit stop to make."

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"You shall see soon." Dumbledore answered mysteriously as Adeline rolled her eyes."Take my arms."

"Fuck no." Adeline said as Harry obeyed. Dumbledore reached and grabbed onto her before she could pull away.

The three of them apparated to a random street. Adeline began to throw up as Harry looked dazed.

"Did we just apparate?" Harry asked.

"Yes we did. You did well Harry. Most people vomit the first time- or the fifth in Miss Wilson's case."

Adeline just put up her middle finger as she finished puking.

"Come on now you two." Dumbledore began to lead them down the street.

Adeline could hear him talking to Harry, but she just ignored it. Apparation was still triggering for her, so she focused on remaining calm instead of listening.

She didn't start to regain attention until she realized that the chair they stood around started to become a person. And not just any old person. Professor Slughorn.

"Professor?" Adeline asked in shock.

"Miss Wilson! Nice to see you again." Slughorn replied.

"You as well Professor, may I ask why you were a chair?"

"Death Eaters are everywhere! I need to hide!"

"Were you hiding from Death Eaters, Horace, or were you hiding from me?" Dumbledore inquired.

Slughorn attempted to stutter out a response, but Adeline stepped in the cover for him, "If I were you I'd hide from Albus. He only shows up when he needs something."

"Ever the charmer aren't you Miss Wilson." Dumbledore responded.

"It's a gift." Adeline replied sarcastically.

"Oh Miss Wilson I have missed you. You were one of my best students. Your potion skills rival some of the greats. Absolutely wonderful."

"Horace, I also wanted to introduce you to Harry. Harry Potter." Dumbledore said stepping aside to reveal Harry.

"Potter! Lily's son! Yes boy I knew your mother, she was spectacular. Best student I ever had."

Adeline laughed to herself at Slughorn's behavior. It was comforting to know that somethings would never change.