willow

It was the last Hogsmeade trip before Christmas and the whole place was buzzing. Couples paired off for their final dates before leaving, while friends bought last minute Christmas gifts.

Adeline found herself in an awkward position when she agreed to go to Hogsmeade with Remus.... and Peter. James & Lily and Marlene & Dorcas both planned to go on dates. Sirius was going out with some random Ravenclaw boy and Mary was still avoiding everyone.

So Remus, Peter, and Adeline sat at Hog's Head, just the three of them.

"Why didn't we just go to the Three Broomsticks?" Peter asked looking around the dingy pub, "This place gives me the creeps."

"It may not be as homey, but Aberforth makes the BEST shirley temple in the Wizarding World." Adeline held up her drink then thought for a moment. "In fact, I think he might be the only one, it is not a very popular drink here."

"You know Aberforth, he kind of looks like-." Remus began before Adeline put her hand over his mouth.

"Don't say it. It's a sensitive topic and I don't want to get thrown out. We can talk about it once we leave." Adeline replied urgently. Aberforth hated hearing his brother's name, she had no clue why and didn't care to know. Remus nodded as Adeline kept her hand on his mouth.

Remus licked Adeline's hand to get it off which caused her to pretend gag then wipe it off on Peter.

"Did you guys get your Christmas shopping done?" Peter asked changing the subject as he wrestled Adeline's hand off of him.

"I just need to buy some candy to throw in with Marlene and Dorcas' sweaters." Adeline responded.

"I just need to get something for the Potters since they're hosting us again." Remus replied.

"I still need to buy for all the girls." Peter replied embarrassed.

"Wormy! Why did you procrastinate that? That's so unlike you." Remus scolded. Peter was always the best at gifts, he would pick them out months in advanced.

"I don't know, I just keep blanking. I've tried to look but nothing feels right." Peter whined.

"Peter, I can help you with the other girls. Obviously it's hard for me to pick a gift for myself, but I know the rest of them decently well." Adeline told him.

"Yes! Please do. At least just help me get over my gift giving block." Peter responded excitedly. "Let's go now!"

"Hold your horses. I'm not done with my drink." Adeline said while she chugged the last of it. "Now we can go."

The trio stood up and Adeline went over to settle their tab with the bartender to Remus' discomfort. She claimed that she was the best option to settle it since she was the only one whose been there before.

While Peter headed towards the exit, he is stopped. "I heard you're looking for Christmas gifts little boy. I have plenty of magical gifts at my disposal for you to pick from."

"He's not interested." Remus answered for Peter putting his hand on his shoulder.

"Oh I'm sure you will be if you give them a chance. Do you have a girlfriend? I have plenty of magical jewelry."

"Fuck off Fletcher." Adeline said coming up behind the boys. The man was Mundungus Fletcher, a sketchy con artist.

"Miss Wilson pleasure to see you again. Maybe you'll take interest in some Christmas gifts this year?" He replied with a grimy smile.

"Fletcher if you don't back off I'll have no choice but to tell a certain bartender about some illegal contraband you still keep on your person." Adeline's eyes narrowed as she gave her threat.