girl at home

tw// mention of rape (not graphic- it will never be graphic in this story bc that's fucked up)

On November 3rd, Adeline brought Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, and Ginny through the passageway and into Hogsmeade where Remus and some other Order Members waited to celebrate Sirius.

"Round of Shirley Temples, Abe!" Adeline said sitting down at the bar while the kids took a booth.

"You really had to go and throw a party here?" Aberforth grumbled.

"It was Remus' idea." Adeline defended herself.

"Of course, he comes up with all the bad ideas."

"I won't disagree." Adeline replied with a laugh as she took her drink from Aberforth.

"What did you ever see in that guy?"

"Couldn't tell ya. I was young and dumb."

"I remember when you brought him and Pettigrew here? They were pussies."

"They also had to deal with Mundungus in their defense."

"Yeah I hate that guy even worse than Lupin."

"He's the bloody worst. Almost got Harry killed when he decided to slack off during his watch duty."

"I forgot to tell you- he was in here in disguise the other day selling things from Grimmauld Place."

"Wait, but Sirius left everything to Harry?"

"Yep. He robbed the place. Sold me this before I realized who he was." Aberforth reached into his pocket and showed Adeline what looked like a broken piece of glass, but she recognized it right away.

"My two-way mirror."

"It was yours?"

"Once upon a time yeah. I gave it to Sirius after his brother died."

"Damn. Do you want it back?"

"No you bought it fair and square. Besides, the other half is probably in James' vault
somewhere."

"Right." Aberforth replied. He already suspected that Harry had the other side, but wanted keep a connection to him. He knew his brother would
fuck over Harry any chance he got, but Aberforth wouldn't do the same.

"Can I get a shot of firewhiskey for me and the lady?" A man Adeline didn't know sat next to her.

"I can get one for you, but 'the lady' doesn't drink." Aberforth replied with an emotionless face as Adeline covered her smile.

"You need to drink to survive!" The man said to Adeline concerned.

"I just don't drink alcohol- I drink other beverages." Adeline clarified, trying to figure out if he was joking.

"Oh! That makes sense." The man laughed then stuck out his hand, "Carl Abrams."

"Adeline Wilson."

"I already knew your name- you were in the papers once upon a time."

"Oh yeah, they only printed amazing things about me back then."

"No, it was actually horrible what they included in the articles, have you read them?"

"Yeah I have, I was just kidding." Merlin this man is dumb. Cute. But dumb.

Carl laughed obliviously, "You're funny!"

"Thank you." Out of the corner of her eye Adeline saw Hermione angrily chugging a firewhiskey in a booth, "Hey you know, I have to go handle something, but it was nice talking to you."