question...?

Adeline had decided that she was going to skip the Start-of-Term feast and instead go down to the kitchens. Upcoming arriving outside she was shocked to see a different portrait guarding the entrance. Adeline scanned the hallway to make sure she was in the right place, but she already knew that she was. She knew this part of Hogwarts like the back of her hand.

She was going to have to ask McGonagall for the new password because she couldn't bare to be apart of Winky any longer. She didn't have any friends at Hogwarts. She had her old mentors and her new students, but no friends. Adeline wasn't sure if Winky had been caught up on any news, but she knew Winky probably felt like she abandoned her. And she knew she needed to remedy that.

Adeline put off going back to the feast until she knew Dumbledore would be done with his beginning speech. When she entered the Great Hall she had not expected to see an increased number of students wearing different uniforms.

Adeline entered through the back right as Dumbledore was finishing up.

"Ah yes, lastly I would like to welcome another new member of our staff: Madam Wilson." Dumbledore pointed at Adeline as all of the students turned to look at her. She froze in place at the sight of hundreds of eyes on her. "She will be assisting Madam Pomfrey in the Infirmary and Hagrid as gamekeeper. You may now feast."

The eyes stayed on Adeline as food began to appear in tables. She gave an awkward wave then hurried over to the faculty table with her head down taking a seat between McGonagall and Hagrid.

"I am not a Madam by any means." Adeline grumbled as she took her seat, "I am very much so still a Miss despite how old I am now."

"Miss Wilson if you consider thirty old then what am I?" McGonagall joked.

Adeline laughed then turned to Hagrid who was on the verge of tears. "You good man?"

Hagrid immediately let out a sob as he covered his face in his hands. "I'm so sorry Adeline."

Adeline gave a quick glance to the students and saw that only a few students from Gryffindor were watching the spectacle. She gave a shrug towards Harry then turned back to Hagrid.

"You don't have to be sorry Hagrid."

"Yes I do. You and Sirius told me you were innocent and I didn't believe you." Hagrid pulled out an old handkerchief and loudly blew his nose.

"Hagrid I hate to break it you, but everybody and their mother believed we were guilty. You weren't special."

"But I'm the only one who spoke to you. The only one who heard you guys defend yourself."

"That is simply not true Hagrid. Mary stopped by shortly after I was convicted and Dumbledore stopped by like three years ago."

"Albus came by?" McGonagall asked, rejoining the conversation.

"Yeah to demand I give him the Philosopher's Stone." Adeline explained.

"What?" Hagrid asked confused, "I retrieved the Stone from the Vault."

"That was a fake." Adeline said bluntly, "Nicolas Flamel didn't trust Dumbledore with access to it. Speaking of which I should mail him, he's still alive right?"

"Yes he is still alive, but I am confused." McGonagall began, "The Stone that we had, the one You Know Who went after, it wasn't even real?"

"Nope. Fake."

"And you had it that whole time?"

"Yeah it was made into a tattoo on my arm." Adeline said as she rolled up her sleeve to see the empty spot, "I need to put something else on there it feels so empty. Sirius is my tattoo artist and I can't cheat on him, but I want a new one."