london boy

"I want to take you out on a real date." Remus said to Adeline while laying on a blanket next to the Black Lake. It was April now so they've been dating around a month and only have two months left of school.

Adeline sat next to him while writing a Herbology essay. "What do you mean a 'real date.' Is this not a date?"

Remus sat up abruptly, "No this is not a date!"

"Why not?"

"Because you're doing your homework!" Remus pointed at her paper.

"Then it's a study date." Adeline said continuing to work on her essay.

"All we do are study dates."

"We sometimes go to the kitchens, those are real dates."

"Those are not real dates Addy. Those are just hang outs."

"Well they are all I need."

"But I want to take you on a real date."

"Then name the time and place and I'll be there love." Adeline said giving him a kiss on his cheek before returning to her work.

"What would you want to do?" Remus asked while laying back down next to her.

"I would want to finish this essay."

"On the date silly not now."

"I knew what you meant. If you keep distracting me I will have to finish this essay on the date."

"You're no fun."

"I never claimed to be fun love." Adeline said without looking up from her work.

"Tomorrow is a Hogsmeade day so we can go there," Remus was just thinking aloud now, "Normally I would say The Three Broomsticks but you're a heathen that prefers Hog's Head so we can go there. Then grab some ice cream on the corner and bam it's a perfect date."

"Sounds great babes." Adeline said half listening.

"Then once we're done you can give me half your vault." Remus said knowing she wasn't listening.

"Yep." Adeline replied.

"Then I'll sacrifice you to he who shall not be named."

"Looking forward to it." Adeline mumbled why crossing out the last line she wrote.

"You're lucky your pretty." Remus said with a sigh then pulled out a book to read.

"Uhuh." Adeline responded blindly.

**************

The next day at breakfast, Dorcas and Marlene pulled Adeline to the side. "We have exciting news plus an important question." Dorcas said once they were alone.

"Yes I will be your joint maid of honor at the wedding." Adeline said immediately.

"Addy gay marriage still isn't legal." Dorcas said with a roll of her eyes.

"It can be ceremonial doesn't have to be legal. The answer is still yes." Adeline responded.

"Well that's not it." Marlene said, "The big news is: We're going to move in together after graduation!" The two girls did makeshift jazz hands at the news.

"That's amazing! Congrats you guys." Adeline smiled brightly at their news.

"But here's the question." Dorcas began.