speak now

Shortly after Harry's attack on Draco, him and Ginny finally got together. Adeline won the teacher's betting pool easily.

Harry, however, also missed out on the final Quidditch match given his detention with Snape. He tried to get Adeline to change the date, but she wouldn't budge. He needed punishment for what he did, and missing Quidditch would get through to him. Gryffindor won the Cup even without him there thanks to Ginny stepping up as Seeker.

The last week of June, McGonagall approached Adeline with a letter in hand. "Miss Wilson, Mr. Lupin requested that you meet him at Hog's Head today."

"Is he fucking royalty?" Adeline asked, confused as to why he had McGonagall tell her.

"He insisted that me telling you was the only way to make sure you met him."

"Is everything okay? Like did he sound well?"

"His letter seemed urgent, but I don't know what the purpose of the meeting."

"Well shit Minnie now I'm scared. Did he say anything about Mary?"

"I would know if something happened to Miss McDonald."

"Okay good, as long as she's alive. But I know her and Tonks had a falling out so maybe it's just drama related to that." Mary and Tonks had begun hanging out shortly after Christmas. And Mary had a habit of falling hard and fast. Her and Emmeline had been saying 'I love you' after a week. From the little that Mary told her, they had gotten in a fight about Tonks' involvement in the Order and Mary's lack of.

"I couldn't tell you, but he said he'd be there at noon."

"Then I best go catch the carriage." Adeline was grateful she had decided to do her hair and makeup today. She may not want to date him but she didn't want him to see her disheveled.

"Yes you better." McGonagall agreed with a kind smile, "Let me know what it's about then."

"Will do!"

As Adeline rode the carriage to Hogsmeade, she was grateful Remus chose a Hogsmeade weekend to write rather than a random day where she'd have to take the tunnel. Her nerves were already going crazy, and she wasn't sure if she'd be able to take walking. She probably would've ended up sprinting.

When she entered Hog's Head, she spotted Remus sitting in a back booth rather than at the bar.

"He already has your drink." Aberforth told her.

"Merlin I'm going to throw up." Adeline mumbled to herself while giving him a thumb's up. She walked over and sat down across from Remus, "Hi."

"Hi. Thank you for coming." Remus was nervously fidgeting with his mug of shitty butterbeer.

"Yeah. Is everything okay? No one is dead are they?" Adeline could feel her heartbeat in her ears as she spoke.

"No one's dead. Um, I wanted to tell you that Tonks is pregnant."

"Really? I thought she was a lesbian, I didn't know she liked guys."

"She is a lesbian." Remus confirmed.

"Was she assaulted?" Adeline asked suddenly concerned.

"No. It was consensual. Drunk hook up."

"That's a relief. Is she keeping it?"

"Yeah she's gonna keep it."

"Is the father in the life? Do we know him?" Adeline began sipping on her Shirley Temple.

"Uh yeah he'll be in the life, it's um... me. I'm the father."

Adeline choked on her drink aggressively. After she recovered she looked up at Remus, "You hooked up with Tonks?"