silent night

Adeline spent the rest of Christmas, minus Christmas dinner, knitting a new sweater. It wasn't her normal style but she figured she could always try to sell it to another classmate. She fell asleep feeling better, but was still requiring more sleep than normal. Adeline decided to skip breakfast in the morning and finish the sleeves of her sweater. It normally takes her about two days to finish one but since she was working nonstop she finished much quicker.

She just attached the second sleeve when there was a knock on her door.

That's weird. Adeline thought. "Come in?" Adeline said apprehensively wondering if she imagined it.

"Miss Wilson," Professor Sprout entered the room, "You've skipped both breakfast and lunch."

"It's lunchtime already? I got distracted."

"Yes, Dumbledore was waiting to speak to you at a meal but you haven't shown up."

"Dumbledore wanted to speak to me?" Shit it has to be about Snape and I haven't talked to Lupin about why he lied. "What about?"

"He didn't say." Sprout started to exit the room, "The password is gingerbread"

Adeline sighed and got dressed. She made her way to Dumbledore's office, "Gingerbread."

The door swung open and Adeline entered the office.

"Miss Wilson, finally came out of your room?" Dumbledore said as she walked in.

"Uh yeah, Sprout said you wanted to speak with me."

"Yes you need to pack your bags for the rest of break."

Adeline was shocked to hear this from Dumbledore, "First off: Why? Am I getting kicked out? Suspended? Second off: Why didn't you just have Sprout tell me to pack my bags and bring them here, cause now I just have to go back to my room then come back here."

"You've been invited to spend the holiday with the Potter's and I believe it will be good for you so I said yes on your behalf. As for your bags, I felt that you would be more receptive to me telling you than Sprout."

"I'm spending the break with James? And Sirius?"

"And Mr. and Mrs. Potter, along with Mr. Pettigrew and Mr. Lupin I believe for part of it. Possibly even Miss Evans, Miss Mckinnon, Miss Meadowes, and Miss Macdonald."

"I can't tell if I am excited or terrified."

"You can decide while you're packing Miss Wilson. I told Euphemia to expect you by dinner and it's nearing that time."

"Okay. I guess I will go pack then since I have no other choice."

Adeline went back to her room in a daze and started packing up without thinking. She decided to add the sweater and the rest of the gingerbread cookies to give to his parents. Adeline was nothing if not a good house guest.

She finished packing and made her way back to Dumbledore's office. "Gingerbread"

The door reopened and Adeline went inside.

"Quick packer are you?" Dumbledore asked.

"It's easy to pack quick with an extendable charm."

"Are you ready to leave?"

"I guess" Adeline hesitated, "Why did the Potters invite me?"

"Euphemia only told me she would love to have you, she has a big heart."

"Okay, I'm ready then."

"Off you go."

Adeline grabbed some Floo powder. "The Potter Residence," she said loudly and clearly.