right where you left me

"What did I get you for Christmas seventh year?" Adeline asked with her wand up.

"A sweater and a professor's nameplate."  Remus replied easily as he pulled Adeline in for a hug, "Merlin I'm glad you're alright."

"Right back at you. What took you so long?" It had been weeks since the wedding and they were unable to have any contact.

"It wasn't safe to leave and it wasn't safe to arrive here. I couldn't put anyone in danger." Remus looked around Grimmauld Place, "Where are the kids?"

"The Ministry. Following a breadcrumb about the Locket they're looking for."

"What is so important about some locket?"

"It's a Horcrux. He's using Horcruxes." Adeline explained genuinely.

"You're joking."

"Nope dead serious. Damn that is a double entendre right there."

"He'd laugh at that. But back to the kids- you didn't go with them?" Remus asked shocked.

"No. I wouldn't be much help and besides I wanted to be here when you arrived."

"I'm surprised you didn't try to stop them."

"There'd be no use. They're all seventeen and incredibly stubborn and sneaky. At least this way I know what's going on and they aren't shutting me out."

"But I'm sure you stay here worrying the whole
time they're gone."

"I'm quite used to worrying. And not just with you. Lily, James, Marlene, Dorcas, Sirius, Peter at the time, I've always had to worry where everyone went and when they'd be back. However, I've developed some coping mechanisms for it. And Kreacher and Winky are always here with me." Adeline said simply.

"But they should have an adult with them. Maybe I should go-,"

"-Absolutely not. You need to be with Tonks."

"But they need help Addy."

"That is not your responsibility. Your baby and your baby mama are."

"Please don't yell at me for saying this. But I'm really fucking freaked out about this kid."

Instead of getting mad, Adeline only laughed, "Remus, everyone who has a kid gets freaked out. Lily lost her shit when she saw the positive test."

"It's not just basic new parent fears Addy. It's- it's the werewolf thing- please don't yell." Remus said quickly.

Adeline followed his instructions and kept a calm tone, "What do you think will happen Remus? You have Zippy's and even if something happened to me and you didn't anymore- you would never be close enough to the baby during Full Moons to hurt it."

"But it's just that- you see- werewolves don't procreate often. So what happens if it is a werewolf like me? I wouldn't wish my curse onto anyone. Especially a baby."

"There's no use worrying about 'what if' love. You're not debating whether or not to try for a baby- you can't take it back, it's already cooking."

"Ew don't say it like that."

"You get my point though. It is simply useless now. You just have to wait and see how it goes."

"You always know just want to say."

"Don't say it like that." Adeline repeated Remus' words.

"Like what?" Remus asked with a laugh.

"Like a quote from a cheesy ass movie."