only the young

"STOP IT! STOP DOING THIS! LET HER GO!" Ginny screamed at Professor Carrow but it was no use. He continued to use the Cruciatus curse against Luna Lovegood- purely because she wore the Dirigible Plum earrings Adeline got her that weren't apart of the dress code.

Luna laid on the ground seizing as she felt the worse pain imaginable. She tried to sing a song
in her head to distract herself, but the pain was relentless.

Neville too stood and watched, frozen in place. All he could think of was his parents experiencing the exact same pain. But through these thoughts he found strength. He wouldn't let his Luna go mad like his mum and dad.

"Expelliarmus!" Neville casted as Professor Carrie's wand went flying out of his hand. Neville was shocked at his own ability but he didn't have a chance to be impressed by himself.

Behind him, Professor Dolohov casted a silent curse onto Neville, causing him to collapse in pain as a purple flame slashed across his back over and over again. Not burning the fabric of his shirt, only his bare skin beneath his clothes.

Ginny, whose wand was tucked in her discarded wand, made the split second decision to punch Professor Dolohov to get him to stop the spell.

"You little bitch!" He called out as he directed the same spell at her.

The three students all laid on the floor in pain. Luna had to suffer the lasting mental effects of the Cruciatus Curse- along with the injuries she developed from thrashing in the floor. Ginny and Neville both could feel the burns on their chests and backs respectively.

The two Professors just left them there.

Neville recovered first. He slowly got up from the ground and pulled the two girls up to use him as support. But in all realness the Trio used each other. Neville decided to drag them to the Room of Requirement that he predicted would transform into a hospital suite.

He knew it would only sadden Madam Pomfrey to see them in such a state. Especially on the second day of school.

However, when he opened the door it was not a hospital. Rather than the old Dumbledore's Army classroom. Instead this time, there was a second door inside of it. Neville opened that door as well and saw a long hallway with a small light at the end. He looked at Ginny and Luna who hadn't spoke since the altercation. Neville trusted the Room of Requirement's judgement.

So he led the three of them down the path until the came through what looked like a painting, and landed them at Hog's Head.

"Merlin you three look like shit." Aberforth said unfazed as they appeared behind him. "Let's take you upstairs."

"Who are you?" Neville asked in a shaky voice as he tried to be brave.

"Well I've been told I look like my brother. Now follow me." Aberforth demanded as he took Luna from Neville's arm and helped her up.

Neville looked at Ginny who was still in and out of consciousness. "Fuck it."

He followed Aberforth up the stairs, then down a hallway until they came to the last room at the pub.

Aberforth knocked on the door in a specific pattern then waited.

The door swung open to reveal Adeline Wilson.

"Luna?!" Adeline asked in shock as she helped Luna detangle herself from Aberforth then laid her on her bed.

"Two more as well." Aberforth replied motioning to Neville and Ginny.

"Oh God you like terrible."

"We've been told." Neville responded with a wry laugh.

Adeline quickly transfigured a hairbrush and an alarm clock into two cots where she carefully helped Ginny and Neville lay down.