lover

~Epilogue~

Knock Knock Knock

"Hello?" A young man opened the front door.

"Hi! Does a Gabriel Wilson live here?" Adeline said as cheerfully as possible.

"Yes that's my partner." The man replied looking Adeline up and down.

"Oh! Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Adeline." she said as she stuck out her hand.

"James." The man said taking her hand.

"James?" Adeline asked as her eyes softened.

"Yes." he replied apprehensively.

"Sorry, I had a friend named James that passed away a bit ago. Um am I able to speak to your partner?"

"I'm sorry for your lost. Does Gabe know you're coming?"

"No. He doesn't." Adeline responded honestly.

"Okay." James looked unsure, "I'll tell him to come out."

He disappeared back into the house as Adeline stood awkwardly on the front step. Eventually another young man opened the door. "Hello?" He said looking Adeline up and down just like his partner did.

"Hi." Adeline replied reaching for his hand, "I'm Adeline. Am I correct that you're the son of Ruth and Elijah Wilson?"

"Yes." Gabriel said as he shook her hand. "Do I know you?"

"No. Well maybe. I don't know. I- um... I'm Ruth and Elijah's daughter. I don't know if they ever told you about me, but they kicked me out before they adopted you and I had been informed a few years ago that you existed but I couldn't come by to introduce myself until you were of age and then once you were of age my life just got really hectic but I'm here now. And I wanted to meet you. I wanted to be apart of your life, and I want you to be apart of mine."

"Wait what?" Gabriel asked confused.

Adeline took a deep breath, "Sorry, I was rambling. I'm Adeline Wilson. Ruth and Elijah kicked me out when I was sixteen. And I wanted to meet you since you're my brother." Adeline reached into her pocket, "I brought my birth certificate if you don't believe me. And if you want nothing to do with me that's okay too."

"Any enemy of Ruth and Elijah is a friend of mine." Gabriel said as he checked over the birth certificate. "They kicked me out at sixteen as well."

"Because you're gay?" Adeline asked.

"Yep. Not the nicest people are they? You're gay too then?"

"No I'm- well I'm legally allowed to tell you but you won't believe me."

"What?" Gabriel asked confused again.

"I'm uh... you see... I'm a witch?" Adeline awkwardly gave jazz hands.

"Excuse me?" Gabriel laughed, "You just mean like tarot?"

"No I mean for real." Adeline checked her surrounding them pulled out her wand and did a quick transfiguration of a rock into a garden gnome. "Ta-da!"

"What the fuck?" Gabriel looked at her mortified.

"Yeah, I know, I couldn't believe it either. Mum and dad kicked me out for being satanic. They lasted a solid five years before breaking in my sixth year of magic school when I wished them a Happy Christmas and reminded them I existed."

"You're a- witches are-,"

"Yes. I'm allowed to tell siblings. You're technically not supposed to tell your partner because you aren't married but it's illegal to get married anyway so I say just tell him, I don't really care. But if word spreads I'll have to erase your memory and I'm really bad at erasing memories so I'll have to have my fiancé do it for me."