vigilante shit

The next morning Remus went to see Poppy like always; except he didn't need to go this time. He didn't cut himself and wasn't tired, he was entirely normal.

"Remus Lupin you have never been this good after a Moon." Pomfrey said after examining him.

"Didn't you say before that the Moons will be better if I'm in a good mood? I've been doing really good lately. Even started meditating!" Remus knew he could not get Adeline in trouble. The potion she created was the nicest thing any person has ever done for him. It changed his whole life.

"It definitely gets better, but not this much better. This is strange." Poppy looked through the notes she took on his condition. "But you look alright for now. We'll see how next Moon goes. Maybe this was a fluke."

"Sounds good Poppy! See you in a month." Remus needed to go talk to Adeline. He had to thank her now that he was back.

When Remus arrived to breakfast all the girls were already there.

"Hey Wilson, can we talk for a second?" Remus asked Adeline who had just taken a bite of her breakfast.

She held her hand up to signify her chewing. Once she swallowed she said, "Yeah sure, in the hallway?"

"Yeah that works." Remus led Adeline into an empty corridor.

"How are you feeling?" Adeline asked Remus once they arrived to the corridor.

"Really, really good. You- this potion- it's, it's amazing. I am so fucking grateful."

"It's no problem Lupin really. I just got tired of your whining and had to stop it." Adeline joked but she didn't mean it- and Remus knew that. She truly wanted to make his life better.

Remus gave a short laugh, "I'm definitely not going to whine anymore."

"You still can- it still sucks that you have to transform, but maybe this will just make it a little better."

"It makes it a lot better Adeline. And I know you were telling James that we can't tell anyone and I won't, don't worry. But there are other werewolves out there that could really benefit from this."

"I know. And I want to share it Remus, I do, but I really would rather not go to jail."

"I get that. Madam Pomfrey is going to find out though."

"How?"

"Because I don't look like shit. I've been going to her after Full Moons for the entirety of my years at Hogwarts."

"You've been a werewolf that long?" Adeline questioned him sadly.

"Since I was five." Remus said looking down.

"Wow." Adeline pictured a younger version of Remus in her head. One without the scars covering his body. How could someone attack such an innocent child? "We can tell Poppy. I trust her. Do you want to now or after the next Moon?"

"We can wait. See if she questions it... Do you need help making the potion for next month? Or need me to get any supplies for you? You could also give me the recipe too if you don't want to make it."

"One batch yields three potions. You're good for the next two months. And it's a pretty complicated potion, I don't really think you'd be able to do it." Adeline said awkwardly.

"Really? Am I not always neck and neck with you in potions?"

"Between the two of us, I am the only one who brewed Felix Felicis and this potion was ten times harder. It took me 6 hours to finish."

"You worked on this for six hours??" Remus asked in shock. She spent that long on a potion just for me.

"Yeah." Adeline replied sheepishly, "A lot of that time was just stirring. It had to be at a very precise revolutions per minute."