paper rings

"One Polyjuice potion for Mr. Potter." Adeline handed him a small vial. "Just needs a hair."

Hermione held a ginger one up, "Swiped it off a muggle."

"Sounds right." Adeline said with a laugh. Their time at the Burrow flew by thanks to Molly's endless list of wedding prep for them. But now they all quickly found themselves getting ready for the wedding of Bill and Fleur.

"Can I get ready with you then Addy?" Hermione asked as she handed Harry the vial remixed with the hair.

"Yeah of course. Go tell Ginny to come too, I'll meet you in my room."

"Will do!" Hermione said as she went off the go grab Ginny.

"Don't be weird with Ginny please." Harry begged as soon as Hermione was out of earshot.

"Why would I be weird?"

"Because you're you."

"Rude!"

"Also.... she kind of kissed me for my birthday."

Adeline's jaw dropped, "No wonder you seemed unimpressed with my gift! She played dirty!"

"Oh shut it. I loved your gift."

"Rude I tell you rude. I went out and bought you a nice camping gear for your trip instead of just giving you an heirloom out of my vault, and I get outshined by a child."

"Please don't be like this around her."

"Harry I would never, don't worry. I love Ginny but you do come first."

"Am I above Professor Lupin?" Harry said in a teasing tone.

"Miles ahead of him, no competition."

"You don't have to be a bitch about it." Remus said walking up behind her.

"I speak nothing but the truth. Now I have to go help the girls get ready."

"Booo. Sirius and James always said how much more fun you are before parties. Why don't I get you before? I always have to deal with grumpy Adeline during."

"Because you're the only one who can handle grumpy Adeline. And you're also not a girl."

"Neither are James and Sirius!"

"They were close enough! I would do Sirius' hair and makeup and James would help me make decisions. You'd only be a distraction."

"I can't take the flirting." Harry said walking away with his hands over his ears.

"Love you too my fawn!" Adeline called out.

"Hey I wanted to ask how Meadowes has been?" Remus asked her intently.

"Good from Winky's reports. I hate being away from them, but they're both safer with Kreacher at Grimmauld Place."

"Yeah I get that. So are you going back to work this year."

"As of right now yes. But we shall see what happens."

"I can't wait to get to say Professor Wilson."

"Professor Lupin sounds much better."

"Is this way your of proposing to me?"

"That is not what I meant and you know it!" Adeline said with a laugh as she began to head up the steps towards her room.

"I don't know man, that's what I heard!" Remus called out to her.

Adeline just threw up her middle finger as she disappeared upstairs.