soon you'll get better

Adeline woke up feeling like she was skinned alive. Still covered in now-dried blood. Still in her bra and underwear. Still exhausted from the night before.

"Madam Pomfrey?" Adeline tried to call out, but her voice came out in a whisper, an effect from the screaming she did. Instead she pushed the tray with her medicine off the bedside table. It worked, and Madam Pomfrey came to check on her patient.

"Miss Wilson, how are you feeling."

"Terrible" she rasped.

"Oh dear, no more speaking from you. That Remus sure did a number on your wounds, I'm sure it was painful."

Adeline shook her head, "I told him to. He didn't want to."

"You still shouldn't have had to go through this sweet girl." Madam Pomfrey reached to fluff Adeline's pillow, "Now Mr. Lupin said you were attacked from behind, but did you hear or see anything? Just nod yes or no, don't speak anymore."

Why did Remus not tell her the truth? Adeline shook her head no. She then opened her mouth.

"I said no talking Missy. I'll go brew a potion that should help heal your vocal chords. Keep resting."

But Adeline couldn't rest anymore. She just stared at the ceiling and waited.

"ADELINE MERLIN WHAT HAPPENED" Dorcas appeared in the curtains.

Adeline pointed at her throat then shook her head.

"You won't tell me or can't tell me?"

Adeline pointed at herself again, then made a her hand talk then shook her hand.

"You can't speak?"

Adeline nodded.

"You can speak."

Adeline tilted her head and put on a 'you serious?' face.

"I'm just kidding don't get your panties in a twist- which are just on full display by the way. You're brave."

Adeline made a scissors motion down her body.

"She cut your dress off?"

Adeline nodded sadly.

"You love that dress, we'll have to stitch it back up."

Adeline pointed at one of the blood stains on the bed.

"And get the blood out of it. I'm gonna go see if Pomfrey has a medical gown or something to give you so you aren't just lying here half naked."

Adeline put her hands together like she was praying to show her gratefulness.

Dorcas went off to find her clothes and Adeline went back to staring at the ceiling. This time, she wasn't just staring blankly. She was instead thinking of a better way than burning her wounds. They would've kept opening if she used any traditional wizarding ointment and she predicted they would do the same if she tried muggle stitches. Burning seemed like the only solution. But what if she made a potion that burned in a less painful way?

"I got you some clothes!" Dorcas held up a Gryffindor sweatshirt and sweatpants. "Pomfrey didn't have any Hufflepuff clothes and red looks good on you anyway."

Adeline gestured to the blood and shrugged.

"Honestly yeah, the blood is kind of a look. But I will be wiping it off of you and transferring you to a different bed before we get you dressed."

Adeline gestured towards where Madam Pomfrey was.

"She gave me permission don't worry."

Adeline nodded and Dorcas helped her up and then quickly wiped her down, being careful not to irritate her burns and then put her new clothes on. Adeline leaned on Dorcas as they walked over to a new bed.