white christmas

Right as Marlene and Dorcas left the apartment, Adeline joined Remus in the kitchen after finishing the final potion for this cycle. Nearly two months have passed since Lily found out she was pregnant and now Christmas was only a few days away. This year, Remus arrived on the 15th and was allowed to stay until the night of 25th. The list of potions needed were significantly less than normal week's worth (and he was staying longer than a week), so Adeline had multiple days with Remus (for once) after she finished the potions.

With the last potion now complete, it was the 20th of December, and Adeline and Remus had the next few days to spend together, the most they've had in over a year.

"So, my love, what do you want to do?" Remus asked as he packed away the potion.

"Let's just stay in for today. I can cook, we can watch a movie-."

"-Are we going to actually watch this movie?" Remus asked suggestively.

"Well Marlene and Dorcas will be gone for the next few hours so we do have the whole place to ourselves." Adeline smirked in response.

"Mmm better get cracking then, eh? Make up for lost time." Remus said while walking over and placing his hands on her hips.

Adeline wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. For the first time in a long time, they were in no rush. It wasn't a frenzied kiss of passion, it was slow and meaningful. But all good things come to an end and soon enough the front door was being thrown open.

Adeline and Remus quickly separated and pulled out their wands at the intrusion, but instead Marlene stood in the doorway with her hands up in surrender.

"Mars? Shouldn't you be at work?" Adeline asked lowering her wand.

"I have off today." Marlene said walking back into the apartment.

"Then why did you leave for work?" Remus asked with a laugh.

"So Dorcas wouldn't know, duh." Marlene responded.

"Why don't you want Dorcas to know? Merlin don't tell me you're cheating on her." Adeline asked desperately.

"No!" Marlene declared with zero hesitation, "I would never cheat on her."

"Then why did you lie?" Remus inquired.

"Merlin you two ask a lot of questions," Marlene huffed, "I lied to her because I wanted to spend the day rngshpppng." Marlene ended with a mumble.

"Pardon?" Adeline asked leaning in closer and putting her hand to her ear.

Marlene sighed then spoke clearly, "I'm going ring shopping."

Adeline screamed then wrapped her arms around Marlene, "You're fucking me!! You're proposing???"

"Yes and no." Marlene said with a laugh as she untangled herself from Adeline's arms, "Still isn't legal to marry her, but I was going to get her a promise ring."

"You could still throw a ceremonial wedding." Remus suggested, "Just no official papers."

"That's what I was saying last year," Adeline agreed.

"I'm planning on suggesting that to her, we'll see what she says." Marlene replied with a smile.

"Ahhh I'm just so happy for you guys." Adeline said enthusiastically.

"Well that leads into my next question: do you want to go ring shopping with me?"

"Of course!" Adeline responded before remembering Remus, "Wait I can't."

"You can go Addy, we have more time this cycle." Remus encouraged.

"But we still don't have a long time. These are the only moments I get with you."