you need to calm down

Adeline woke up to screaming.

"LILY IS GOING TO BE HERE ANY MINUTE PADFOOT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE PERFECT"

James needs to calm down.

Wait.

Lily is going to be here soon.

DORCAS IS GOING TO BE HERE.

Adeline sprang from her bed and immediately started pulling on clothes. She brushed her hair, her teeth, put in her contacts, and put on perfume, then sprinted down the stairs.

"Are they here yet?" Adeline asked excitedly before she even hit the bottom step.

"Merlin, not another one of them." Remus whined.

"Thank you, Wilson at least someone else understands how important this is. They aren't here yet. But any second now-"

James was interrupted by a noise in the fireplace.

"LILY," James cleared his throat, "I mean Lily, Merry Christmas how have you been."

"Merry Christmas James. I have been good." Lily looked around and stopped on Adeline. "Adeline?! What are you doing here." Lily dropped her bag and ran to give Adeline a hug.

"Euphemia invited me after Lupin told her my whole life story."

"Wilson- I said I'm sorry." Remus groaned.

"I am allowed to be petty about it."

"Do I get a hug too or" James chimed in.

"Merlin, Potter don't be one of those guys." Adeline scolded.

"That was really weird Prongs." Peter added.

"Sorry Lily."

Lily laughed then went over to give James a hug, "Just this once."

Adeline made eye contact with Remus and rolled her eyes causing him to stifle a laugh. Then there was another noise in the fireplace.

"DORCAS" Adeline yelled as she pushed James out of the way and slammed Dorcas into a hug.

"ADELINE?!?! Am I dreaming?" Dorcas asked as she returned the hug that almost knocked her off her feet.

"No, I'm here."

"How did this happen?"

"Well-"

"Well" Remus chimed in, "Remus, pardon me, I mean Lupin exposed all my secrets and is a terrible person and the Potters took pity on me and brought me in" Remus said mockingly, "Did I get that right."

"Hmmm just about. I would've added no-good, rotten in front of terrible, but maybe that's overkill."

Dorcas laughed, "Then thank you Remus for being the reason I get to spend a break with my best friend."

"Well you are just so very welcome Dorcas, it truly is my honor."

"Shut the fuck up Lupin, we're mad it him Dorcas." Adeline said sarcastically, but they could tell she was only joking and has gotten over their previous fight. She still didn't plan on trusting him again, but she wasn't at his throat. Sirius on the other hand is still receiving the silent treatment.

Mary and Marlene came through the fireplace and were caught up on Adeline's arrival as well. Adeline went with the girls to find their rooms, and to update them on all that has happened.

"Sirius said that?? The nerve of that boy." Mary asked in shock.

"I know right? Like I called him out for bullying and he rebutted with calling me worthless and boring." Adeline said.