call it what you want

"So you and Tonks?" Adeline said as her and Mary sat on the porch alone a few hours later after everyone else went up to bed.

"Oh really? You want to talk about me and Tonks? Let's talk about you and Remus you little minx." Mary replied pointedly with Meadowes sitting in her lap.

"How about this: I'll answer whatever you ask and then you have to do the same?"

"Okay. You ask me first, it'll be less juicy."

"Hmmm okay. I can tell you aren't over Emmeline yet, which is perfectly fine. But could you see yourself ever having feelings for Tonks?"

"Damn loaded question Ads. I don't know. She's younger than us, which feels a little weird. But we're all adults and it's not like I knew her as a kid. But she's in the Order ya know."

"I know. But so am I."

"Yeah but I loved you before you joined and I know you don't take unnecessary risks. I don't know how it would work with her."

"Just keep your options open love."

"Well what do you think? You obviously invited me because you saw something."

"I don't know man. I just think she's a nice girl. I could tell she was interested so I thought, 'Why the fuck not?'"

"Well we aren't going to jump into anything but we agreed to keep in touch."

"Did you two talk about anything fun when I was gone?"

"No I mostly just caught up with Harry. But that's a perfect segway to you and Remus babes."

"Ugh. What do you want to know?"

"Let's start at you trying to fuck him?"

"Fine. We were at a little get together at Hog's Head for Sirius' birthday. There was a semi attractive guy so I went and I fucked him."

"You didn't!"

"I did. I tried to have a one night stand. And it failed... Because he was married."

"Merlin Addy didn't you check and see if he had a ring?"

"No I never hook up Mary I didn't think about it."

"That's like the number one rule of hookup culture. After consent and contraception of course."

"Well consent and contraception was there. But after I found out- and I found out because he told me I was his hall pass by the way."

"Ooo she's famous."

"Shut up. But I was so upset and dejected that I went and downed some shots. Remus tried to get me to stop and then had Abe cut me off but it was too late. I was drunk. And while being drunk I practically threw myself at him."

"Damn that's pretty embarrassing."

"It was terrible. But the worst part is that he told
me he'd fuck me once I was sober."

"HOW IS THAT THE WORST PART THATS GREAT??"

"BECAUSE THAT ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING! Me trying to fuck him drunk could be passed off as me just being desperate for how things used to be. Wanting to fuck me sober is like an actual conscious thought."

"Have you talked about it since? Besides like your little comments."

"Uhhhh about that."

"Merlin you fucked!"

"No we didn't. I just randomly got bold a few days ago and asked him if he still wanted to fuck me. And he said yes. I don't even know what I expected because nothing happened. Until today. When we were up in his room he said that the reason he didn't give me the gift yesterday was- fuck I can't even say it."