the great war

tw// suicidal thoughts, minor gun violence

"Dobby please stop that." Adeline said irritated as Dobby continued to bang on a pot.

She should've never showed him muggle music. He is obsessed with drumming now and she is going insane listening to him.

But in general the pair were, in short, stir crazy.

Adeline had knitted an entire new wardrobe for herself and attempted to teach Dobby as well (that failed).

She'd exhausted her ingredients from all the healing potions she had to brew.

And Dobby took up drumming.

All the time.

After Harry successfully escaped Malfoy Manor, security measures were upped in Hogsmeade. Adeline couldn't help but guess that any other Horcruxes had to be at Hogwarts. Why else would they work so hard to keep him out?

Adeline told Neville to have Dumbledore's Army keep an ear open for it, but she knew that was asking a lot. The kids were so entirely broken that all they had time for was survival. They ended up moving into the Room of Requirement permanently.

Luna hadn't been the same since her imprisonment, despite how much Ginny tried to cheer her up.

And Neville has the weight of being the leader on his shoulders.

But at the very least, Adeline knew Harry owed her money after Ginny reported that Dean and Seamus made it official.

"Dobby stop. Please. I beg of you." Adeline whined as Dobby ignored her and kept 'drumming'.

"ahhhh." Adeline screamed into a pillow. "Harry please just please find the damn Horcruxes."

Adeline knew Harry planned on breaking into Gringotts soon. She just had to wait a little longer.

Or so she thought. Little did Adeline know, at that very moment, Harry, Ron and Hermione were riding on top of a dragon as they escaped from Gringott's Bank.

With their next destination being set for Hogsmeade.

**********

SCREECHHHHHH

Adeline turned to Dobby as a terrible noise went off.

Aberforth swung the door open without knocking. "Where's your cat?" he asked frantically.

"Right there." Adeline pointed at Meadowes, having had Dobby retrieve her before they returned from Shell Cottage.

"Give me her." Aberforth demanded as Adeline picked her up and handed her off.

Aberforth raced back downstairs with Meadowes. Adeline waited a moment before grabbing her gun and her wand and sneaking down behind him.

She peered out a window and watched as Aberforth argued with Death Eaters and casted his own Patronus for some reason.

Eventually the Death Eaters left and Aberforth re-entered Hog's Head. "Adeline go prepare as many healing potions as you got."

"Okay." Adeline nodded as she raced back upstairs. She wasn't one to take orders well. But Aberforth hadn't called her by her real name in months; she knew it was serious.

Adeline quickly brewed every type of healing
potion imaginable, and after she finished putting everything she had in her bag, her and Dobby went back downstairs as quietly as possible. Aberforth had closed every window and covered every entry. Adeline could see in the painting that their were four children walking
away from the pub.