evermore

tw// mention of suicidal thoughts

Harry's fifth year went by quickly for Adeline since she wasn't able to be at school him.

Things of note:

Since Adeline wasn't working at school, Winky had been allowed to move in with her. The pair were as close as ever, and having her there made dealing with Remus and Sirius manageable. Although Kreacher disliked having another house elf in the Manor, she soon grew on him.

Adeline wrote to Harry throughout the year. She could tell he was holding out on telling her everything happening with Umbridge, so she created a Potion that made the cuts painless, but would still show up so he wouldn't cause suspicion. And she had to give credit where credit was due: the potion couldn't have been invented without Sirius and Remus figuring out how to make a blood quill for her to base it on.

She also had to deal with Harry's newfound obsession with Cho Chang who she discouraged Harry from pursuing, but tried to support him anyways.

Then came Arthur's attack, in which she found herself taking care of Harry, Hermione, and all of the Weasleys over Christmas break.

Next was Harry's Occlumency lessons with Snape. Adeline herself had become a half decent Occlumen so she gave Harry advice over letter, but she could tell he was still struggling. Especially since Snape was the one teaching him. She elected to write to Snape as well to tell him to get the stick out of his ass but he in fact did not respond.

Then, finally, everything went to shit.

"Shit, we have to go. Harry is in danger." Sirius grabbed his wand and headed outside to apparate.

"Where is he?" Adeline said as she began to follow.

"The Ministry." Remus answered.

"Fuck what's he doing there?"

"No clue, but Voldemort is behind it." Tonks answered. Adeline hadn't spoken to the girl much, but she knew she was a more than capable fighter and a decent person. "Are you coming with?"

"I can't apparate." Adeline answered.

"You can side apparate with me." Tonks suggested.

"Ads." Sirius said pointedly.

"Sirius." Adeline responded desperately.

"You know it's a bad idea."

"But it's Harry."

"But instead of helping Harry we'd be worried about you."

"I'm not that bloody bad Sirius."

"Say that to your left leg- oh wait you don't have one."

"That was from apparating so there." Adeline said sticking out her tongue.

"We have to go now guys." Remus said interrupting, "Adeline the decision is yours but be fucking smart about it."

Adeline looked at Tonks then back at the boys. If they were worried about her they wouldn't have full attention on Harry and she trusted them more than herself to keep him safe, "Protect him okay? If something happens to my kid I'll french braid your veins."

"We would never let anything happen to him Ads. I promise." Sirius swore then stuck out his pinky.

Adeline held it with her own, "Be safe, I love you."