the joker and the queen

"Okay let's go. Catch me up." Adeline and McGonagall sat in the Leaky Cauldron after picking up her belongings and doing some shopping.

"Okay, well last year-..."

"Nuh-uh. The beginning Minnie. Why did Remus never visit Harry?"

"I cannot explain that Miss Wilson. I'd say to ask him yourself but you are not to be in contact with Mr. Lupin or Mr. Black."

"And why is that?"

"Oh so now you want to hear about last year?"

"Fine. Sorry. Yes. Tell me it your way."

"Thank you. At the end of last year, there was a confrontation between Professor Lupin, Mr. Black, Mr. Potter, Miss Granger, Mr. Weasley, Professor Snape, and Mr. Pettigrew."

"Wait Snivellous? What the fuck was he doing there?"

"He's a professor, Miss Wilson, and he was trying to capture Mr. Black."

"Of course he was, he doesn't give a damn that Sirius is innocent he just wants revenge because he hated Sirius. And who the fuck made that man a professor?"

"Miss Wilson. We all thought you and Sirius were guilty."

Adeline heart fell, "You did?"

"Yes. We did. Sirius was believed to be the Secret Keeper. You were with him. We had nothing else to go on." McGonagall replied bluntly, "Actually Miss Wilson, I had been wondering, if you don't mind me asking, why you lot never told Headmaster Dumbledore about Peter being the Secret Keeper."

"Peter suggested to keep it a secret. Said it was better not to trust him. He's smarter than he let on."

"I see."

"Back to Snape being a professor now?" Adeline changed the subject, not wanting to talk about her own painful memories.

"Yes. He is the Potions Professor."

"Potions?" Adeline asked painfully, "You let him have potions?"

"Well he actually has been trying to become the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor for years, but has never gotten it. But you didn't hear that from me."

"I guess him being unhappy makes me feel a little better. But I could wipe the floor with him in Potions."

"I don't doubt that Miss Wilson. Now I was saying that they had a confrontation. At the end of the confrontation, Peter escaped. Without bringing him in as evidence, there was no way to prove Mr. Black's innocence. So he is still a fugitive and Mr. Lupin left with him. You cannot contact them because if you were to get caught, the Ministry would not hesitate to toss you back in jail."

"Okay. That's fair I suppose. Although I'm still going to beat Remus' ass whenever I see him. Cause him not visiting Harry is inexcusable."

"I mean, Miss Wilson, I do have it on good authority that he hadn't had access to a Wolfsbane Potion since a year or two after you've imprisoned."

"What the fuck is Wolfsbane?"

"Right, I'm sorry. Wolfsbane is the new version of your potion. It's easier to brew."

"Okay so the pussy's made a new potion. Without a potion Remus couldn't visit Harry once a month? Right? WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 27 TO 30 DAYS??? That's a terrible excuse!"

"I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just relaying information. Besides, the Dursley's would never let him in the house if they knew who he was."

"Who's that?"