i almost do

On the morning of Slughorn's Infamous Christmas Party, Ginny, Luna and Hermione hung out in Adeline's room as she got them all
ready for the party.

And in true pre-gaming fashion, Adeline had pulled out her stereo.

"'Til the break of dawn
Baby got it goin' on
A lot of simps won't like this song
'Cause them punks like to hit it and quit it
And I'd rather stay and play
'Cause I'm long, and I'm strong
And I'm down to get the friction on" Adeline began to rap along as she straightened Hermione's hair. "You know 90s music has some bops I'm not even going to lie."

"Muggle music in general is just miles ahead of Wizard music." Ginny agreed while applying her eyeliner in the mirror.

"I prefer the music of nature." Luna said whimsically putting on a pair of earrings, "Nothing compares to a songbird."

"Luna, babes, I'm sorry, but Madonna would sweep the floor with a songbird." Ginny replied.

"I still need to catch up on 80s music." Adeline added, "I'm like four Queen and two ABBA albums behind. Not to mention Bowie,
Michael Jackson, Elton John, Billy Joel, and even the Beatles."

"But isn't rap music more fun?" Ginny said with a laugh.

"It's definitely different than rock." Adeline replied. "Fun yes. But I don't always want songs about drugs or sex."

"As if that isn't all rock songs too!" Ginny argued.

"At least rock songs cover it up! They use euphemisms and metaphors!"

"Same difference!"

"I like Whitney Houston." Hermione piped up.

"I don't think I'm caught up to her yet." Adeline responded disappointed. "I've been working through my favorite artists' newer stuff and then current hits of today."

"I do listen to country sometimes." Luna said causing each girl to turn and stare at her.

"Really?" Ginny finally asked.

"I like Jimmy Buffet." Luna said with a shrug.

"The only music Luna likes is the most American music ever." Hermione pointed out with a laugh.

"Doesn't Jimmy Buffet sing Margaritaville?" Adeline asked.

"Yes." Luna replied excited.

"James loved that song." Adeline said with a laugh.

"He would've died before they made Margaritaville wouldn't have he?"

"No the song came out in the 70s."

"Not the song, the cafe."

"There's a cafe???"

"Yes in America!"

"Merlin Luna we have to go. James would be pissing himself if he were here."

"I'm still stuck on the fact Luna likes country music." Ginny said shaking her head.

"They're very in touch with the environment!" Luna defended herself.

"Yeah American farms and tractors! We're British!"

"Most rap music is American too!"

"Well guess what?"

"What?"

"I don't care!"

As Luna and Ginny continued to bicker, Adeline finished Hermione's hair. "What do you think?"

"Perfect as always Addy."

"Are you excited for the party?" Adeline asked taking note of her silence.

"Not really." Hermione confessed, "Ron and I got into a fight so I asked Cormac instead."