never grow up

Aberforth stood behind the bar cleaning glasses- not that cleaning them with a dirty rag made much of a difference. His brother sat at a table nearby interviewing a potential new employee for the school.

Aberforth did not offer up this location, in fact, he had no clue why his brother selected it. Hog's Head wasn't a professional interview type of place.

He decided to make himself a Shirley Temple, he would never admit it to Adeline, but he loved them nearly as much as her. They were the only two people who ever got them, and were single-handedly keeping them on the menu. As Aberforth secretly sipped on his drink he scanned the pub for any mischief. His eyes landed on the table next to his brother's.

The man was obviously eavesdropping on their conversation. Normally Aberforth wouldn't care (his philosophy was to speak in private if you didn't want anyone to overhear) but he recognized the man eavesdropping.

Severus Snape.

The man who nearly killed Adeline four years prior. An enemy of hers would have a no place in his pub.

Aberforth left his spot from behind the bar and grabbed Snape by the ends of his greasy hair. As he went to throw the man out of the pub he and Snape overheard a strange snippet of a sentence from the woman his brother was interviewing.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies..."

*************

"I got a letter from Alice yesterday, she's in shambles." Lily said to Adeline as they sat in the kitchen of her apartment.

"Who's Alice?" Adeline asked, she was now attending meetings pretty regularly, but didn't socialize much.

"Longbottom, used to be Fortescue. She's in the Order."

"I figured she was in the Order dumbass." Adeline said with a laugh, "We don't talk to anyone else."

Lily put her head down as she remembered Mary, the only non Order member she spoke to-well used to speak to. She kept her word and hadn't contacted anyone since the funeral. "Right, well she's a brunette. And she's pregnant."

"Yes your pregnant friend, you should've led with that."

"Whatever." Lily said with a laugh.

"What's up with her? Why is she 'in shambles'?"

"Well I never told you this, but apparently a prophecy was made. The one with the power to defeat Voldemort will be a boy born at the end of this July to parents that defied Him three times. She's due in July and is having a boy according to the muggle doctor. The wizard doctor however insisted on using her wedding ring and a strand of her hair and swinging it over her belly. That doctor predicted a girl."

"For some wild reason I think I trust the muggle doctor."

"Yeah me too. I'm shocked she even went to see a muggle one, they're both purebloods."

"I bet they were scared of the technology."

"Very."

"Aren't you worried about the prophecy Lils?"

"Why should I be?"

"You're due the first of July, it's entirely possible you could have a late birth."

"Wow that makes me feel so good right now Adeline thank you so much for bringing that up." Lily said in a monotone voice.