mary's song

Harry, Adeline, and Winky practically lived together all Summer.

The Dursleys had discovered Adeline's true identity after she had disappeared at the same time as Harry last Summer, but they decided that at least this way he was out of the house. Harry still went back each night to be in a safer house while he slept (like it or not, the natural protections in the Dursley's House was better than what Adeline could cast), but during the days he was always at Adeline's.

Adeline had given the news about Sirius' death to Mary who took it pretty bad- but not nearly as bad as Remus, Adeline, and Harry. A week later, she received a call from her asking to visit, so Adeline cooked dinner for them one evening.

"Mary!" Adeline said swinging the door open, but keeping her wand up, "Who did you hook up with during Christmas break our sixth year?"

"Addy what the fuck?" Mary asked with wide eyes.

"Security questions!" Adeline responded cheerfully.

"Why that question?"

"Because if I have to ask them I might as well make it interesting."

"Sirius. But how did you even know we started hooking up then?"

"Oh Remus and I made a bet about it. He heard you guys."

"I ask again: what the fuck?"

"Is she here?" Harry called out entering the corridor.

"Yes Harry, this is Mary. That rhymed."

"You're so stupid." Mary said shaking her head, "And hello Harry, nice to finally meet you."

"Hi! It's nice to meet you too." Harry said excited.

"Yeah it took Mary a while to stop being a pussy and just come meet you."

"Addy you swear in front of Harry?" Mary scolded.

"He's fifteen!"

"Lily would not want you to swear around him!"

"Oh like James wouldn't cuss in front of him."

"No he wouldn't. He'd make up stupid swear words to say instead. Like fiddlesticks."

"Yeah you got a point there." Adeline laughed, "Now come on in, dinner is about ready."

"Oh God I've missed your cooking."

"Not only is it my cooking but it's mine and Winky's."

"You finally got Winky?"

"Yes ma'am, I did earlier in the year."

"Damn I'm happy for you guys."

"As are we." Adeline led Mary and Harry into the dining room where Winky was placing their food.

"Oh Winks I could have helped you with that." Addy said.

"Addy has a friend so Winky has to be a good host."

"If you say so Winks, thank you."

The four of them sat at the table and began to dig into the meal before them.

"So Mary, what's new with you?" Adeline asked.

"Well something kind of big ish. And it is actually the reason I'm here."

"Merlin please don't tell me you're pregnant."

"Hell no. I am however dating someone."

"Who?! A muggle? Or do I know them?"

"You know them."

"I don't know many people Mary. Tonks? Remus? Snape? Kingsley? That's about the only single people I know."