cruel summer

"Harry the longer I stay at the Godforsaken place, the angrier I get." Adeline said as she cooked in the kitchen of 4 Privet Drive. It wasn't safe for Harry to go between their two houses, so Adeline sold hers and forced Petunia and Vernon to let her stay with them. She regretted that very quickly.

"It's been two days Addy. You get used to it after a while." Harry replied as he helped her cook.

"Oh I'm fine. I'm angry at the fact that you had to live in this Hell hole for fifteen- nearly sixteen years."

"Yeah I get angry about it as well. Nothing I can do though."

"Time Turner." Adeline suggested.

"We destroyed all the Time Turners." Harry answered seriously.

"That was a joke Harry." Adeline responded confused, "Are you alright love?"

Harry took a deep breath before speaking, "I broke up with Ginny."

"You did?"

"Yes. I couldn't stand to put her at risk."

"She's at risk whether you're dating or not. She's seen as a blood traitor."

"Well there's also the fact I- I'm not going back to Hogwarts this year."

He hadn't told her before, yet Adeline already knew. "Going to search for the Horcruxes?"

"Yes I need to-... How do you know about that?"

"Dumbledore told me a while ago."

"That's why you weren't confused about the locket."

"Ding ding ding."

"Well Hermione, Ron, and I need to find them. Besides going back to school just feels.... insignificant now."

"Without Dumbledore you mean?"

"Yeah. If he isn't there I don't see the point. Learn a few more spells? It's dumb."

"I mean I'd like you to finish school eventually, but I'll admit that saving the world is more important."

"You aren't going to try to stop me?" Harry asked surprised.

"You're going to be seventeen, I won't have a say over you anymore. However, you will not be leaving until then."

"I don't plan on it. I can't even use magic yet."

"Good because I'd hunt you down real quick."

The two continued to cook in silence until Harry spoke up, "So what's the deal with you and Remus? You didn't seem to be fighting anymore at the funeral. Unless it's just an enemy of my enemy sort of thing."

"We made up before the Battle. I was actually intending to tell you about it but you and Dumbledore had already left."

"Well tell me now. Are you back together?"

"Not quite, it's- it's complicated."

"How so?"

"Well we admitted we loved each other- actually I just admitted I loved him, we already knew about his feelings. But I still am not ready to go all in. Especially with the baby and everything."

"YOU'RE PREGNANT???"

"HELL NO! Shit. I thought you'd know. Don't tell them I'm the one who told you, but Tonks is pregnant with Remus' baby."