better than revenge

After making pancakes with Winky, Adeline took some of the leftovers to the library to meet up with Dorcas. It was a Hogsmeade day, but both girls decided they had too much school work to do.

"Are those the pancakes?" Dorcas asked when Adeline entered

"Hi Dorcas, nice to see you too. Thanks for asking, I've been doing really good." Adeline responded sarcastically while sitting the pancakes down in front of Dorcas.

"Shut up, I love you but those look good and I have my priorities straight." Dorcas grabs the plate and starts eating the pancakes.

"They're better with maple syrup. but I couldn't find any. And it's really hard to make when we don't have any maple trees in the Forbidden Forest."

"Even if there were, it's the bloody Forbidden Forest."

"Yeah, yeah. It can't be that bad, I see the boys sneaking off towards there like once a month."

"Probably out getting supplies for some prank"

"They must be out all night too cause I never see them return. Unless they go back in an opposite way than outside my window."

"Damn that's weird, I'll have to ask them."

"Fuck no! I don't want them to know I watch them, that's creepy as fuck."

Dorcas laughs at this. "Remus would definitely call you a stalker."

"Remus would definitely what?" Remus asks while entering the library.

"Remus would definitely jump off a bridge if Potter and Black did." Adeline quickly added.

She used my name. Remus thought. She's never used my name before, I know it's just for the sake of the insult but it feels weird coming out of her mouth. It's nice.

"Haha. But I'm glad to know I'm the topic of conversation even when I'm not around, I love having fans." Remus said with a wink and walked off towards the back of the library.

"Dick." Adeline mumbled.

"Why do you always let him have the last word Addy?" Dorcas asked.

"I don't let him- he's just a pussy who runs away after he speaks."

"Hahah, true he does have a habit of doing that." Dorcas looked at Remus thoughtfully, "He looks a little better today though, must've been one of those 24 hour things."

"He still might be infected, he should be in his room or the infirmary not wandering around the halls."

"It's a Hogsmeade Day, we're like the only ones left and it's a coincidence that he ran into us."

"Yeah but wouldn't life just be easier if we never had to see him"

"Merlin Addy, let's just focus on these revisions you're going crazy."

"I think it's time for a prank Dorcas." Adeline said ignoring her last statement and looking towards the back where Remus was.

"No. We are not doing this again. I always get caught in the crossfire."

"But- "

"No buts. Please don't."

"Fine, but only because I love you."

Remus tried to eavesdrop on the girls' conversation, but he couldn't make out many words. All he could hear were "pussy" "Hogsmeade" and "prank." Prank? Two can play that game.

"Have a wonderful day ladies" Remus smirked while he left the library.

"Kill yourself Lupin" Adeline responded without looking up.

Remus laughed as the door closed behind him. Their prank war is back on.