mirrorball

By the time Adeline got back to her room, her roommates were already get up. No wonder Lupin skips school so much Adeline thought to herself. No sleep plus physical exertion would have her skipping too.

"You're wearing the same clothes as yesterday" Deja announced.

"IS THIS A WALK OF SHAME?" Taylor exclaimed.

"THAT IS SO UNLIKE YOU" Marissa agreed.

"Uhhh, not a walk of shame- I just spent the night at the infirmary." Adeline clarified, careful not to give details.

"Well that's boring." Taylor said disappointed.

"Yawn," Deja agreed.

"Lame," Marissa added.

"I'll try to be more interesting next time." Adeline said apologetically. This was the first time they've spoken since Halloween and she was glad to see they were back in their normal terms. All it took was a wine fight and some cussing.

Adeline quickly hopped in the shower and put on new clothes. She was late for breakfast, but should have enough time to eat something small. She sped walked to the Great Hall and made her way to her normal seat at the Gryffindor table with the girls.

"Wow you look shitty" Dorcas announced as she sat down.

"I didn't sleep last night." Adeline explained, once again staying vague.

"At least Mondays are your slow days." Marlene reassured her.

"True, Herbology is a breeze but it's also my alchemy day with Dumbledore which is never easy"

"It's still really cool that he's doing that with you" Lily said.

"He must've heard how devastated I was that there wasn't enough interest for a full class. Potions are all that I live for," Adeline joked as she reached for a blueberry muffin.

BRNGGGG the bell for first block rang through the hall.

"Ugh, looks like it's breakfast to go." Adeline grabbed her bag and started eating her muffin while walking to Dumbledore's office. She walked too fast in comparison to her eating so she stood outside while finishing her last bites. When she finally swallowed she turned to the Gargoyle.

"Sugar Quills." Adeline stated clearly. The door didn't budge. "You're fucking me. Sugar Quills." Nothing happened. "Come on Dumbledore don't do this to me." In quick succession Adeline started listing sweets, "Chocolate frogs, acid pops, fudge flies, fizzing whizzbees, cockroach clusters, licorice wands, peppermint toads, sherbet lemon, damn it" Adeline hit the Gargoyle. "I should've grabbed another blueberry muffin." With that the door swung open. "Stop being stalkerish Dumbledore geesh"

Adeline entered the door right as the late bell rang.

"Miss Wilson, glad you could figure out the password." Dumbledore said nonchalantly.

"Yeah it should've been my first guess." Adeline responded, knowing he loves to stay mysterious.

"For today's lesson I thought we would stray from the four elements." Dumbledore said thoughtfully, "I think today we should focus on harvesting the power of the moon."

"The Moon?" Adeline asked. She's known Dumbledore long enough to know that Pomfrey definitely told him about last night.

"Yes the Moon is a powerful thing. The phases affect many different potions and creatures. Today I want to focus on why it impacts potions." Dumbledore continued. "Polyjuice and Veritaserum both rely on the Moon to be brewed successfully. The discovery came from my dear friend Hesper Starkey, and the knowledge can help us better understand potions and how they are invented. I've heard you tried to invent a potion?"