safe and sound

tw// mention of rape, gun violence

Adeline looked back up to see Neville limping
to where Voldemort stood.

"And who is this?" Voldemort's voice carried across the courtyard.

"Neville Longbottom." Bellatrix answered, "Son of Alice and Frank. Nuisance to the Professors of Hogwarts."

"Pureblood. Appears to be brave, but that may just be because he's too stupid to know any better. Could make for a decent Death Eater either way."

Adeline's heart beat faster as he spoke. She couldn't lose Neville too. He would never change sides. Never.

He would be killed for his defiance.

"I will never join you! Just because Harry is dead doesn't mean we'll stop fighting. We will never stop fighting, so long as you're alive." Neville yelled. Adeline didn't know whether to be proud or mortified. Gryffindors had zero self preservation.

"Yes. Not brave. Stupid it is. But bravery doesn't matter anymore." Voldemort waved his wand and the sorting hat came flying to him. "Hogwarts will no longer have Gryffindors or Hufflepuffs or Ravenclaws. Only the name of Salazar Slytherin will prevail."

Voldemort walked over to Neville and shoved the hat on his head. "Let's see what the old dirty hat has to say now."

Voldemort lit the hat on fire but at the same time, Neville pulled the Sword of Gryffindor out of it. 

"Shit." Neville said as he looked at the Sword then back up to Voldemort who had his snake Nagini across his neck. "Better tell your snake to run." Neville took a swing as Voldemort dodged it and Nagini flung himself off of Voldemort's shoulders.

As Neville chased the snake the battle restarted.

The Order charged the Death Eaters.

Adeline watched as Draco fought along the Order's side.

She stuck close to Remus who helped defend her and him, while she shot blindly at any Death Eater she saw. They ended up near where Harry's body was. Except Harry wasn't there.

"Remus. Remus." Adeline pulled on his arm to stop him from approaching anyone else, "Harry is missing."

"What?" Remus looked at the empty place then back up to her, "What kind of  monster would steal his body? Expelliarmus."

"Protego, I don't know but it isn't there."

BANG BANG.

"I'm going to look." Adeline said walking away from him.

"Addy be careful. Stupefy."

"I will. I love you!" Adeline called as she disappeared into the crowd.

Adeline watched as Molly Weasley dueled against Bellatrix. Molly seemed to be winning.

But Adeline had someone to avenge.

BANG.

Bellatrix Lestrange collapsed to the ground and Molly turned to look at Adeline who stood with a small smile. "How's it feel to die by a muggle invention bitch." Adeline knelt next to her body. "That was for Sirius Motherfucking Black."

Adeline turned and watched as Voldemort geared up to kill her.

But she was never killed.

"You don't kill her." Harry said as he removed his Invisibility Cloak while holding up his wand.

Adeline immediately passed out from the shock that he isn't dead.

When she came to again, she was in the arms of Remus, as all the Order members and Death Eaters stood together in a circle, watching as Voldemort and Harry dueled it out.