the moment i knew

Adeline decided to go to the second floor bathroom. Sure Moaning Myrtle was annoying, but at least it was private.

Upon entering the bathroom she elected to scream at the top of her lungs.

"Muffliato. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK FUCK FUCKING HELL FUCK."

"Whatever is this screaming for?" Meaning Myrtle asked angrily coming up from the plumbing.

Adeline turned and looked at Myrtle, then looked back up at the ceiling and gave out one last "FUCKKKK"

She took a deep breath. "Sorry about that Myrtle."

"You should be! You're disrupting the pipes you horrid foul-mouthed girl."

"How would you like a toilet-mate? Because I might KILL MYSELF RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW."

Moaning Myrtle covered her ears and flew around Adeline's head, "Stop yelling stope yelling"

"UGHHH" Adeline groaned then left the bathroom.

She headed outside instead, hopefully there she'd get more privacy. Instead Peeves had other plans.

"Angry Addy storming through the halls. Where is she going?"

"Fuck off Peeves I'm not in the mood today."

"Angry Addy is in a bad mood. That means it's my responsibility to cheer her up!"

"Please Peeves I can't-"

Peeves grabbed the bottom of her robes and began flying through the halls.

"Angry Addy Angry Addy can't be angry when she's flying."

"PUT ME DOWN."

Peeves continue to fly until he reach the Great Hall where Peeves hovered above the tables.

Thank Merlin I wore tights today.

"You wanted to be put down right?" Peeves said mischievously.

"Peeves" Adeline warned.

"PEEVES LET HER DOWN THIS INSTANT!" McGonagall yelled from the faculty table.

"Yes ma'am!" Peeves said as he dropped his grip on Adeline's robe sending her flying towards the ground.

Adeline screamed, anticipating the fall which never happened. She looked down and she was frozen in air right above.

"Merlin" Adeline said breathlessly. She looked around to see who casted the spell and was relieved the see Mrs. McGonagall with her wand out.

"Go get Dumbledore!" McGonagall yelled at Flitwick. It was common knowledge that he was the only one who could control Peeves.

McGonagall levitated Adeline towards her then set her down in front. "Are you alright Miss Wilson."

Adeline wasn't capable of forming words. She just gave a thumbs up and a half smile.

"Your crew is on their way over here, do you want to talk to them now or do you need a moment."

"Moment." Adeline squeaked out.

McGongall, put her arm around Adeline and ushered her out of the Great Hall and down to her office, shutting the door behind them.

"I can assure you that Peeves will be given a stern talking to by Headmaster Dumbledore." McGonagall said sitting down at her desk.

Adeline only nodded in return. Still standing by the door.

"You may sit down Miss Wilson."

Adeline nodded again and sat down.