new romantics

"Okay I told James that we're kicking them out this evening." Lily told the group of girls as they sat in her bedroom. "That way we'll have the whole house to ourselves."

A few days have passed since the funeral and Effie and Monty were away on business. So the ladies of the group decided they wanted to have a girl's night. Movies, makeovers, pizza, and a sense of normalcy to distract them from the ever growing war tensions.

"I should get baking then shouldn't I?" Adeline asked. She was tasked with baking them desserts to overindulge with tonight.

"Yes pleaseeeee." Lily said with a smile.

"What do you guys want? Just cookies? Or brownies? Cake?"

"Could you do a pie?" Dorcas asked excitedly.

"What kind? It depends on what Effie has." She knew Effie had just about everything when it came to baking.

"Mmmmm apple."

"Yeah I can do that. Anything else?" Adeline looked to the rest of the group.

"Definitely brownies." Marlene responded.

"Brownies and apple pie then, coming right up." Adeline got up to exit the room.

While Adeline got out her ingredients and supplies she recalled her first time in the Potter kitchen. She went from having to randomly open drawers because Sirius refused to help, to now knowing exactly where everything is and even having favorite bowls, pans, and utensils.

"Adeline in the kitchen, what a surprise." Remus said as he entered behind her.

"I know, sometimes I feel like a house elf." Adeline joked back.

"Far too pretty to be a house elf." Remus said without thinking. Fuck why did I say that.

Adeline's face went red and she quickly looked away so he wouldn't see, "I don't have the work effort either. If someone came to me at three a.m. asking for a lasagna I'd throw hands."

Thank Merlin she just ignored that. Fucking embarrassing. "Well since you're not a house elf, would you like some help with your baking?"

"I will always accept your help. No one does the busy work quite like you." Adeline said shooting him a wink.

"Am I just a work horse to you?" Remus faked a shocked look.

"Yes. Was that not clear?"

"I'm hurt. Truly devastated."

"Poor thing. What can I do to make it up to you?"

Go on a date with me. "I request half of whatever we bake."

"Yeah fuck no. I have four to five other girls to feed." They weren't sure yet if Emmeline would be joining them.

"And I have three other boys to feed. Maybe four if Sirius picks a guy up whenever we go out."

"That feels like a you problem."

"But it could be an us problem." Remus pouted and looked at Adeline with sad eyes.

This boy. "After I finish the pie and brownies for the girls we can do a quick batch of cookies."
Remus began to cheer, "but only if I have time. You boys are still getting kicked out at 5."

"Then let's get going." Remus said grabbing a measuring cup.

"If you want me to go fast then I'll need music."

Remus went to pull out the stereo.

"It should already be set to a muggle channel."

He plugged it in and the voice of David Bowie filled the room.