look what you made me do

Adeline didn't expect Remus to care what she thought. She understood him being worried about his close friends finding out, even someone like Snape would make sense. But Adeline didn't think he would care about her opinion- nor did she think that he would find her knowledge of his secret to be dangerous. She didn't think she presented herself as a prejudiced person, but maybe she did. She'd have to fix that if she did.

As much as her mind was racing, Adeline was so exhausted that she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow and didn't wake up until the fifth ring of her alarm. It was a Potions Day, which were normally one of Adeline's favorites, but chances are Snape would be back and she was not looking forward to seeing him.

Adeline got ready for the day then made her way to breakfast.

"Aye looks like Miss Adeline finally got some sleep." Marlene hollered when Adeline sat down.

"I didn't just get some sleep, I absolutely crashed." Adeline responded dramatically.

"Thank Merlin because you have to be at the Quidditch Match tonight." Dorcas responded excitedly. "It's the Slytherin game - and we've got to win."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." Adeline replied assuredly.

"Do you want to sit with us tonight Addy?" Lily asked. "Since it isn't Hufflepuff you can actually be seen with Gryffindors."

"I would love to, but you guys sit in the heart of the stands and I prefer the outskirts where I can see all."

"We can join you Adeline, you don't have to move" Mary suggested.

"Oh" Adeline thought they were only asking as curtesy, "Well that would be nice if you're willing"

"Of course we are, we're friends," Lily reassured her.

Friends? "Thank you then, I'd love that." I went from 2 to 4 friends overnight. I'm unstoppable at this point. The girls continued to chat as they ate their breakfast.

BRNNNNGGG

"Potions time!" Lily exclaimed.

"Woo" Adeline, Marlene, and Dorcas sarcastically said at the same time.

"Since when were you not excited to go to Potions Addy?" Dorcas asked.

"Black and Potter are still fighting, don't really want to deal with that all of class" Adeline covered quickly. Lying to my friends is getting a bit too easy.

"Why can't they make up already" Marlene groaned.

The four girls wished Mary goodbye as she went to Astronomy and they headed to Potions.

"Class," Slughorn began as everyone filed in, "Today we're going to brew Liquid Luck. It's a very hard and expensive potion to brew and I don't expect many of you to accomplish it. But despite this I want you to all try your best and not waste the materials and class time. Get started."

Adeline was relieved when looking around that Snape wasn't back yet. She then steadily works on the potion with Dorcas when she is suddenly drenched in a yellow sticky substance.

"HAHAHAHAH" Peeves cackled as he began to fly away from the scene with a bucket in hand.

"Peeves what the actual fuck." Adeline screamed

"Miss Wilson, language." Slughorn interrupted.

"I thought we were chill Peeves? If you think you're getting any cookies after this you're mistaken"

"Sorry Addyline but some other students are priority when it comes to pranking" And with that Peeves disappeared from the classroom.

"Lupin?" Adeline turned and asked, still dripping in the strange substance.