Chapter 4

[ == U.S. Government Intranet == ]

[ KEY FOR COM PERSONNEL SYMBOLS ]

[ + ] - Neutral or outside information

[ ] - Government/Military Official

[ # ] - Personnel [ ACC. Code CIV ]

[ ============================ ]

https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx

[ ============================ ]

"Mama Bird has landed"

[ ============================ ]

"Golden Age"

"What the fuck is that thing?!" Screamed. A Marine, pointing at it with sheer existential horror . The jellyfish like creature began to swing down its tentacles onto the ship, angering Alfonso and Garcia. Both of them had sufficiently backed off in order to defend themselves from the creature. It seemed to be gazing down at the Abyssal Hunters, Gladiia, Skadi, and Laurentina. It had this sort of expectant gaze, as if it was expecting a sort of answer from them.

"What... are you?" Questioned Michael. He could feel it turn his attention to him and it began to cause another warbling noise, before in the head of the Marine.

"I am the Endspeaker," it called back out in a voice that seemed unholy, unearthly to the American. Skadi and Laurentina readied themselves, they felt a great confrontation coming upon them and they would not want to be caught off guard when it happens. "I am the one that has resided upon this old vessel for many moons and..." it waves one of its tentacle-like appendages at the mast and at the superstructure.

"To nourish my  kin, and to feed my own, it is all that I work for..." a few Nethersea began to clump up near it as it spoke again, "It is all that We Many strive for. For our god... and to continue our existence beyond Terra and to find new Habitats beyond the stars... Well..."

"You..." It looked at the Abyssal Hunters, sensing something that Michael wasn't. "The Hunter that is Skadi..." it rasped well into their minds. "You have Him..."

Skadi grinds her teeth behind close lips, her expression scowling, "Silence..." she muttered.

"You... Marines..." it caught the attention of the aforementioned group. Michael now felt incredibly uncomfortable, and now he was repeating Semper Fi within his head as much as possible, hoping for that light feeling to take over. "You do not belong... but you... come from beyond..." it extended a tentacle to Michael, "From your Earth..."

At that, Michael raised his gun the name of their home planet was never entirely discussed, it was always in reference to the United States or the Marine Corps, "How the fuck you know about our home planet?!" Skadi looked at Michael worryingly, yet within, she was rather curious as well. There was always a strange feeling about them and she wanted answers for herself. Suddenly,the Endspeaker's tone turned accusatory, and all of the light was on the Americans.

The feeling got increasingly worse for them.

"I can feel the Acid of your precious Pacific, the unholy Bermuda, the slaughterhouse that is your Atlantic," Michael flipped the safety off, gritting his teeth, "Your Dead Sea, the 'Tropical' feeling of the Mediterranean..." it seemed teasing now, "Oh, and how can i forget your precious Great Lakes..."

"How..." was the only thing he could manage, slightly drooping his weapon, "how are you able to..." the tentacle only slithered forward and readied to swipe. Michael jumped back as the monster spoke once more.