Chapter 56

[ == U.S. Government Intranet == ]

Join the discord for suggestions, pictures, and very cool people:

https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx

[ ============================ ]

"One sunny day"

Alexandrina was somewhere on a balcony overlooking the base that was established.

She was on the top deck of the landship, arms against the railing. Gaze perpetually focused on the little movements and the small yellow lights that moved about, helping aircraft or ground personnel

Just yesterday still, she and the rest of Glasgow - which is Indra. Dagda, Morgan, and a slew of other supporters - just arrived here, after freshly getting out of Londinium and finding a way to the Landship which has stopped itself outside of Rhodes Island.

Her thoughts went back to the city, and she couldn't help but feel sorrowful for the state of it.

The Duke of Cavendish was a bit of a prick wasn't he?

She digresses.

That whole succession crisis had everything in a frenzy. Kal'tsit couldn't believe that Theresis has gotten this far. Alexandrina couldn't believe it either. It was something that seemed impossible from what she heard.

But again, that Duke perhaps gave a little too much for Theresis to utilizie. Those Sarkaz blades, arts, and dark technics did prove to be a danger.

She heard about the battles there. The British Army and the Victorian Royal Army was able to hold against the enemies for quite an extended period at the Houses of Westhalag.

But it appears all the guns and explosives in the world can't stop a unit from being overran in an unfavorable situation.

Unfortunate.

Doesn't help that County Hillock had a flare up of its own problems, which only presented further instability, only further compounded by the fact that Colonel Hamilton has turned traitor and Captain Horn was stuck in the city.

Probably with some of what remains of the 2nd Tempest Platoon and the crew of the JSF dropship that had crashed. And now Originium is covering the old Taran county and it was only getting worse.

She will not lie. The entire situation was a mess.

She idly stared down at the base. Rows of aircraft, military vehicles, and various other pieces was present. At the behest of the United Nations, and especially the United States...

It was going to be the largest operation in modern history, both on Terra and on Earth.

She had appealed to the UN about the situation in Londinium, about the succession crisis and such.

Their liaisons in the British Army had already told of them of the crisis through Sergeant Fiona and through Leftenent Colonel Edmund Williams, but they still had concerns on what's going to befall Victoria once the situation clears...

"Yo, Vina!" The Aslan perked up and turned in the direction of the one who seeks her out.

Indra, Hannah. A good close companion of hers. She gave an acknowledging nod and a calm smile creeped on before it relaxed and she looked back down to the base. Indra came up next to her on the Balcony and chuckled, "Isn't that a view?"

"I've never seen so much military equipment in one place before," began Alexandrina, "Let alone those that can fly and shoot."

"Eh," began Hannah, "All of it's just fancier ways to kill the enemy," she pumped a fist in the air, "Nothing like a good swing to the face, right?" A small hum came from the Aslan who watched as a C-130 land in the distance. She sighed and leaned back. Her arms coming off the railing, leaving only her hands.