Chapter 34

[ == U.S. Government Intranet == ]

Join the discord for suggestions, pictures, and very cool people: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx

[ ============================ ]

W3 th0&ht th@t th3y h@v3 b33n s!l3nc3d, w3 w3r3 wr0ng

[ { ( WARNING, UNKNOWN CORRUPTION DETECTED WITHIN MESSAGING SYSTEM, REQUESTING TECH SUPPORT ) } ]

[ { ( WARNING, UNKNOWN READINGS DETECTED IN THE FOEHN HOTLANDS, PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION ) } ]

[ ============================ ]

The vines nor the sands are your friend

Night has befallen Sargon and the western side of Terra. The Columbian Union was trying to get the news out that there was a secret war happening in their country, but attempts were slowed due to infrastructure or due to the Chinese down here.

Columbia was not going well, relatively speaking.

A war on the doorstep didn't exactly do the best for morale down there, but the government was doing what they can to keep the spirits of the people up.

Ensuring that their hand was not too noticeable in daily life was one of the few options.

Limiting some freedoms wasn't one of the options, it was just one of the unfortunate choices that the Union Congress has to take to ensure security. Curfews, limitations on use with any networks.

Columbian citizens in the south live in fear constantly, hearing all sorts of rumors and stories, and consistently seeing giant landships belonging to the Army heading south to Sargon. No doubt ferrying troops and equipment.

And above, aircraft lent to the Columbian Army by the Americans were flying. Some of these were training flights, but if they were in any sort of formation, that's when the citizens began to pray, knowing that soon there was going to be a battle somewhere to the south.

To the south is where all of the fighting pretty much was. The nation of Minos eventually took notice of the fighting but they wanted to keep their mouths shut and prevent themselves from bringing any attention to themselves.

Twotiles was still unsecured, and it was a hot battle zone between the People's Liberation Army and the Allied Forces which resisted it. The JSF, Columbian Army, and now the people down here get to see the V-22s and UH-1Y Vipers of the American Marine Corps now finding action.

The state and the cities within were immobilized and paralyzed from regular function. The American's had brought down several transports of their own to rapidly get citizens out of the fighting.

On behalf of their famous Air Force of course.

That was their priority, get the people out of there so they can continue their regular economics functions in mainland Columbia. The Columbian Military and the USMC-JSF were doing most of the heavy lifting.

The war was reaching what could be considered a "stalemate" with movement from each side slowing as they tried to outmatch each other in daring strategic and tactical maneuvers that often times just led to very little movement along the frontlines that had formed up.

Attritional hell, but the Columbian Government was hell bent on preventing any more Chinese movement closer to the homeland.

And so was the United States.