Chapter 22

[ == U.S. Government Intranet == ]

Join the discord for suggestions, pictures, and very cool people: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx

[ ============================ ]

[ Congress has authorized the allocation of 200 billion dollars to the Space Force and NASA's budget. They have also allocated an additional 100 billion to the cure to Oripathy and potential treatment for already existing victims. We are still studying the bodies of various former officials in Groomlake AFB. They might have a breakthrough soon. ]
|||
[ - [ ] Secretary of Defense - ]

[ Found something that is very interesting. According to a survey in Lungmen, a figure named Nian and several others are starting to make media and movies about us. This is not isolated to Lungmen, this is also occurring in Victoria about the British and in Columbia about the United States. ]
|||
[ - [ ] Secretary of State - ]

[ ============================ ]

"On the road"

Rhodes Island and her new fleet have begun their long journey to Victoria, all the way to County Hillock, after Local officers raised an alarm. The UN personnel on board went along with it, following the landships. The Rhodes Island proper was happily chugging along, with the personnel awake, ready to tackle and conquer the day. For the Earthlings, it was do their daily 2 hour check up on their weapons, while robotics handled the maintenance of the armored fighting vehicles.

Helicopters and VTOL aircraft remained tapped on the Airpad, alongside Rhode Island's own aircraft.

The 75th, the EO, Shadow Co., and the other organizations making up the international wing of RI was going about their day.

Ramirez, Lana, and Exusiai were enjoying a walk along the halls in the commercial area of the Landship. Passing a catwalk where many of the ship's occupants spent some time just lounging about and having a few moments. Somewhere behind, Lappland, Carmen, and Texas trailed, the former of the 2 talking about games. Texas was chewing on some chocolate cigarettes.

The rest of Penguin Logistics was taking care of a shift in the trading post.

"Daddy," Lana began, looking up at her adoptive father, "Can we get some ice cream?" Ramirez looked down at her, a cute little face with a tilt. With a chuckle and an proving look from Exusiai next to him, he has a response for her.

"Yeah," he goes to pinch her cheek, lightly, "Because you've been a good girl and learned your English well, you can get some ice cream."

She pumped her fist and cheered, hugging him at the same time, "Yay! Thanks daddy!" Herbed her had, Exusiai giggling as she steps forward.

"Come on now, let's get her some ice cream!" She proclaimed, moving along, Ramirez following with a warm smile. The 2 of them looked brighter and felt much more energetic and connected over the last few days.

Something noticed by Foley, but out of respect, the Ranger Sergeant opted to not say anything, and so did his Squad. That Patrick though has been giving him and Exusiai with the stink eye and the 2 didn't like it.

The 3 moved off to find an ice cream shop. Preferably not one manned by Closure or by the people that completely upshot their prices.

The likelihood of that decreased every day as more investment started to flow in and they need some money to return to the people that was showing interest in their sales.