Chapter 61

[ == U.S. Government Intranet == ]

Join the discord for suggestions, pictures, and very cool people:

https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx

[ ============================ ]

[ Operation Warhammer is soon to begin. The Special Operations Group that is going to start early damage against the Regent and his forces in the capital city of Londinium. We need confirmation that the signal is up.

Once we know that it is up, then we can get the operation underway. ]

|||
[ - [ ] UN Security Command - ]

[ ============================ ]

"For security, for happiness"

The computers took it to this location faster than it ever thought possible.

And it knew that there was little time left, as a counter began.

"Detonation in 60 minutes..."

The container continued to grow an unholy light and it only got more frantic as it did whatever it can to escape the execution chamber.

Washington D.C. was on Sierra BCT's list.

The LGD was also following along, orders were to head up to around the Baltimore area and defend there.

Ch'en had sat atop of the Schwarzkopf, staring out at the beautiful nature that had surrounding her.

They had just finished visiting Parris island before quickly getting back onto the road to the American captial. The last city was in the midst of recovery after the Seaborn ravaged it. Ch'en helped some of the people, and even interacted with some kids that asked where she came from.

She was still on a dopamine high from the brief rest in Miami and she was happy for it. Time with Daniel and she swears that she was now high in the clouds. She felt warm, she felt happy.

Happier than all the time in the LGD would ever give her.

The convoy that was moving along began to reach the final highway exists before the actual city. The sun was high above in the sky, perfectly clear for as far as she can see. She was at peace too.

"Hey Ch'en!" She heard call for her. She opened her hatch and saw Daniel waving to her.

"Hey there," she began, she rapped her fingers against the edge of the hatch, "What's up?"

The Marylander chuckled and leaned against the inside of the turret, "Nothing really, DC's a few minutes out and I just wanted to tell ya." She let out a giggle before sighing.

"As long as we get there, can't wait to rest..." Daniel chuckles. The Lung turned and saw a few LGD vehicles drive by. She raised an eyebrow at the presence of the organization, but she didn't push any questions.

She began to head back inside the tank, almost landing on the Raythean case, and went to briefly hug Daniel for a moment. Once she unlatched herself from him, she turned to the commander's screens which were idle. She then turned to where he was sitting and began to chuckle.

"Doing paperwork?" She questioned before patting him on the arm, "Are you sure that you really need to do all of that?"

"Haha.. well," Daniel began, "Can't relax with paperwork breathing down my neck, so I gotta get it done before I can start going bottoms up." The Lung giggled at the joke before going to buckle back in. She was about to start closing her hatch after Daniel went back to his seat.