Chapter 63

[ == U.S. Government Intranet == ]

Join the discord for suggestions, pictures, and very cool people:

https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx

[ ============================ ]

[ The Chairwoman has followed the agreement, we will divert efforts to fight the enemy in Sargon. The gates to hell have been opened down there, but it is time to make it right. ]
|||
[ - [ ] President Hawthorne - ]

[ ============================ ]

"Pawn to Echo 4"

"Charlie, be honest with me mate," began Tommy, who was with the British private and many others, mostly of the Russian accent. Charlie stilled looked green, and terribly green at that.

He functioned well, but it has been long enough to where even Tommy was wondering if something was up with the Brit. And that was saying something. They were convinced for a long time that the Private was just having some sickness.

Perhaps he contracted a virus before he got back to base. 

But nobody was able to attempt to get a successful medical examination on him, so now they were going to try to see what exactly was wrong with him. A few medics had to restrain him.

He was so strangely against medical treatment, always trying to find more natural remedies or things that simply do not work. 

Or were strangely old timey and out of practice in the modern era.

"Listen, I'm just sick, no need to worry Thomas," he responded. He was still green as ever, and his battle buddy couldn't stop thinking about how suspicious or how alarming that is. 

That's when the private had enough, "Listen Charlie, we're best buds, you must tell me what is going on!" and the other was still resisting, against the medics and against anybody trying to check him.

"I am sorry," the Brit in question said, causing a few to raise eyebrows, before they witnessed him fully turn green and start beating down on some of the soldiers, breaking out of the restraints.

Sirens in the base began to ring and there was distant yells. The FOB was alight with activity, both with vehicles and some soldiers being scrambled about.

And the current predicament that was going on in the medical bay.

Tommy snarled as he brought his gun up and pointed it at this thing, "You aren't Tommy..." And that's when the poor soldier fully began to reveal what form he truly is.

And that's when he saw a green, gelatinous figure, who looked like a person, but still maintained elements of said creature. He still had parts of the British Army fatigues on and he was disgusted at the sight.

"A bloody shapeshifter...?" he questioned, just as the form began to run away. His L85 rifle began to bark on the spot seeing that thing run. "Oi!" he called out to a few Russian soldiers who were rushing about, "Get that bastard!" 

They raised their AK-12s and saw exactly who was the target, and promptly began to lay down the fire. "We have imposter!" one of them yelled, directing a squad of British and more Russian guns to aim towards the enemy.

Tommy grabbed his communicator and began to bark into it, "Command, this is OR-1 Thomas! Our FOB is compromised!" the skies above darkened, as there was silhouettes forming, "One of our privates turned out to be a shapeshifter! Requesting to relocate our position!"