Chapter Eleven: There's a Shinigami...Walking Behind You

JANUARY 17, 2006

LUNCHTIME (AROUND 12:30 PM)  

TOKYO, JAPAN

                                                                                     MARIE

I already got my plate of food which contained yakitori which was grilled chicken skewered on a stick. I saw a table with three girls smiling and talking to each other. "Hey," I said coming up to them. They looked up at me as I came closer to them. "Would it be okay if I sit with you?" "Ah," the girl in the middle said trying to stop me. "If you're not Japanese, then no you can't sit with us." My smile faded off of my face. Just as things couldn't get any worse, I saw Geffrey walking up to the table. "Hey, Saiko," he said. "How's my new girl doing?" I saw Saiko smile once Geffrey came up. "Oh, I'm good, sweetie," she answered. "Thanks, baby." A look of confusion appeared on his face. No way! How did he get a new girlfriend in one day? And why would anybody want to be with him? He's a jerk. I thought to myself. They both turned their head and looked at me. "Hey, ladies," Geffrey got their attention. "Remember the girl in Mr. Mikami's first-period Creative Writing class?" They nodded. "Yeah," one of Saiko's friends. He pointed at me. "This is the girl that I was talking about," Geffrey said. The girls then turned their heads and looked at me, then they laughed at me. 

Oh, come on. Not this again. I thought to myself. "Also, I didn't mention this, but she might call herself, "Marie"," he began. "But her real name is Anna." Yep, that's true. My real name is Anna, but I never liked being called "Anna", I just preferred "Marie" for as long as I can remember.  From what I recall is that I remembered being called "Marie". "Hey, Anna," Saiko teased. "Were you easy with my man while you were on the plane with my man? I hope you were." She paused. "Oh wait," she continued to tease me. "You weren't." They all laughed again. I saw the guy that looked like Vincent Valentine get up from his table. "Hey, leave her alone, Geffrey," he commanded. "Yeah, you really shouldn't be treating her like this," said the girl who was sitting with him. I recognized her as the girl who I thought was Korean. "I mean, what did she ever do to you?" Geffrey turned his body to look at him. "Shut up, Vincent Valentine and Dr. Lucrecia!" he commanded. "Go run away before Professor Hojo finds you and tears you apart!" 

The guy who looked like Vincent Valentine sat back down in his seat with a mean look on his face. Geffrey, Saiko, and his friends turned to look at me. "Also, back on the plane," Geffrey continued. "She threw an apple at me like I was her Shinigami." Saiko and her girls gasped. "Shame on you, Miss Light Yagami-wannabe!" Saiko said with an angry look on her face while pointing her finger at me. "If you ask me, she might end up like Light Yagami...or even better!" her friends agreed. "She might end up like Misa Amane! Might commit suicide one day!" Geffrey and his friends laughed along with Saiko laughed. "You don't know that!" I informed them. "What if she's still alive? The police didn't say how she committed suicide nor did they say where she was buried. Doesn't that seem a little suspicious to you? Misa could still be alive, but probably behind a jail cell or in a mental asylum!"  The whole cafeteria turned and looked at me after I told the group and the couple that. Almost everyone in the whole cafeteria laughed. Everyone including Geffrey, Saiko, and her friends laughed too. (Well, the guy that looked like Vincent Valentine and the girl that he was with didn't laugh nor did the teachers that were in the room with us do either.)