Chapter 81 (PART ONE): Prepare for the Night

FEBRUARY 28, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 4:00 AM 

                                                                                        MARIE 

I gasped and sat up on the couch. I couldn't believe what I had just dreamed about. Ms. Hirota and I had been raped, Mr. Mikami had been killed, and everyone who defeated Kira was dead. Rina had killed them. I wanted to get over it, but for some reason, I couldn't. I had this nagging feeling at the back of my throat thinking that something bad was going to happen. Was this another vision? Were Ms. Hirota and I going to get raped? And would everyone, including Mr. Mikami get killed by Rina? I wiped the sweat from my forehead and looked at the clock on the DVD player. The time was 4:00 AM and the day was February 28, 2006. Today was my seventeenth birthday and it was also Light's twenty-third birthday. I couldn't believe that my birthday had begun like this. Knowing what might have happened, I sprung off the couch and ran upstairs. I heard Taro bark before I heard him running behind me. I opened the door to Ms. Hirota's room and saw her sleeping in the bed. 

"Ms. Hirota!" I exclaimed. "Wake up!" I went to the bed and shook her a little bit. Ms. Hirota moaned after I shook her. "What?" she asked. "What? What is it, Marie?" "We've got to get out of here!" I answered. "There's a biker gang working with the current Kira and I think they're planning on raping us!" Ms. Hirota made a terrified look on her face and gasped. "Marie, stop playing with me," she begged. "I know how this sounds," I tried to exclaim. "Marie, please stop worrying about some nightmare," Ms. Hirota begged. "It wasn't just a nightmare," I informed her. "It's gonna happen. The current Kira's going to kill Chief Matsuda! He's still alive, but the current Kira kidnapped him! And we've got to get out of here before the biker gang that was involved with Takuo Shibumaru comes to get us!" "Marie, you're freaking me out," she told me. "Well, how do you think I feel knowing that we're both gonna be raped?!" I asked. "The current Kira's gonna kill everyone! We have to get out of here and go somewhere where they can't find us!" Ms. Hirota looked at me with an irked look on her face. "It's 4:00 in the morning," she informed me. "Where are we going to go this early in the morning?" 

"I don't know," I answered. "But we can't stay here and we can't go back to my place because they'll find us. We have to find a place where they can't find us." Ms Hirota growled, lay back down in bed, and covered herself up. I didn't understand why she didn't believe me. Maybe she was just tired and wanted to sleep. Whatever the reason was, it wasn't going to save Ms. Hirota from being raped. To be honest, I didn't want to get raped, but I didn't want Ms. Hirota to suffer what Isamu was going to do to her. I didn't see who did it, but I wanted to make sure that everyone who was in the same biker gang as him would die of heart attacks. I sprung downstairs and got out my phone. I flipped it open and dialed my house phone. I waited patiently for someone to pick up the phone. Not even twenty seconds later, I heard the sound of Ryuzaki's voice. "Hello," Ryuzaki greeted me. "Hey, Ryuzaki," I greeted him back. "Is Light there?" "I don't know if he's up," Ryuzaki answered. "But I'm up." "This is important," I informed Ryuzaki. "I had another vision." 

Ryuzaki stayed silent on the other end of the phone for a few seconds. "Another vision?" he asked. "What about?" "Ms. Hirota and I are in danger," I answered. "The same group that worked with Takuo Shibuimaru is after us and they want to hurt us. I tried convincing Ms. Hirota, but I think she's too tired to get up. Anyway, where is Light?" "More than likely still asleep," Ryuzaki answered. "Do you want me to wake him up?" "Ryuzaki, who is that?" I heard Light ask. "It's Marie," Light answered. "She wants to talk to you." Silence filled the other end of the phone until Light took the phone. "Good morning, Marie," I heard Light greet me. "Is there something wrong?" "Yes," I answered. "I had another vision. Ms. Hirota and I are in danger. The Other Kira is working with the same biker gang that was involved with Takuo Shibuimaru. I think the leader of the gang now is Isamu Shibuimaru." "Who?" I heard Light ask. "That's Takuo's brother," I answered. "Anyway, I think we're gonna be taken advantage of tonight." "What?!" Light asked. "Are you serious?!" I nodded. "Sadly yes," I answered. "You have to help me. You need to spy on Rina and find out what she's up to."