Chapter 83 (PART TWO): Motorcycle Chase/Police Call

FEBRUARY 28, 2006

TOKYO, JAPAN

AT 5:21 PM

                                                                         MINAKO (MS. HIROTA)

I was walking out of the building after eating dinner with Jenny and Turner. "Well, that was a lovely dinner," I told Jenny. "Thanks for taking me out." "Of course," Turner said to me. "Anything for you, Minako," Jenny added. I laughed. "Thanks," I told them. "I'm so lucky to have friends like you two." I sighed and looked at the sunset. "The sunset looks so beautiful," I commented. "It does," Jenny agreed with me. We both looked at each other. "So, do you want to spend the night at my place again?" I asked. I shrugged. "Eh, I don't know," I answered. "I should stay home and help pack Marie her birthday gift." "Ooh, you got Marie a birthday gift?" Jenny asked. I nodded. "Mmm-hmm," I let out "What did you buy her?" Jenny asked. "I got her a cute little skirt with skulls on it," I answered. Jenny chuckled. "Well that's nice," she commented. "I don't know what my Sammy is going to give her for her birthday, but I hope that he'll give her something nice. As you already know, my dear Sammy has a huge crush on her."

I nodded. "I'm aware," I informed Jenny. We were walking to Turner's car when I noticed that there were a lot of motorcycles roaming through the streets. I didn't know why, but I found it kind of odd that there would be so many motorcycles roaming the streets. I shouldn't have found it odd, but I did. I tried to shake that feeling off because a lot of motorcycles roamed the streets during the evening, but it didn't go away. I didn't know what it was, but something wasn't right. All that I wanted to do was go home and relax. I was considering visiting Kaito in prison. I didn't know how much longer I could take without him. Every night, I longed for him, I longed for his touch, his kiss, his love, and everything that had to do with him. By any miracle, if he were to get out early, I would be happier than ever. No, I wouldn't have sex with him yet, but I would kiss his forehead, his nose, his cheeks, and of course, his lips. And maybe his hands too. I was about to reach for the door handle when I heard a car screech into the parking lot.

Suddenly, we heard the sound of a grenade before all I could see was smoke. I coughed as all of the smoke surrounded me. I couldn't see where I was. I had no idea what was going on. The next thing I heard was the sound of Jenny and Turner coughing. "Minako!" I heard Jenny shout. "Are you alright?" I continued to cough. "Yes," I answered. "I'm okay." When the smoke cleared up a little bit, I saw a man with a helmet over his head on a black motorcycle.

"Minako Hirota," the man said. I gasped after I heard my name. "There's no time to exclaim, but you're in danger. A biker gang is going to kidnap and rape you if they find you." I took a step back and looked at the man with a scared look on my face. "W-who are you?" I asked. "And how do you know my name?" "It doesn't matter now," the man on the motorcycle answered. "What matters now is your safety." The man motioned for me to get on his motorcycle. "Hop on," he commanded. "I'll keep you safe from them." I didn't know what to think. I had no idea whether I should believe him or if I should just say no. "How do I know that you're not one of them?" I asked. "You'd know if you saw them," the man on the motorcycle answered. "Plus, if you go with your friends, they will find you and kidnap you. So please, hop on before they come!" I turned around and looked at my friends. They both looked at me as if they believed the man. "You believe him?" I asked. "I don't even know this guy!" "You should go with him," Jenny told me. "If what he's saying is true, then you should listen to him." I looked at Turner and saw him nod. He didn't say anything, just gave me the hint that he thought I should get on the bike.