Post Chapter 24 (P2): Coming Home as a Fake Hero/The Sweet Snatcher's Defeat

JANUARY 24, 2006

AROUND 10:20 AM 

TOKYO, JAPAN 

                                                                                MARIE

We waited for a little while before Ms. Hirota came out of the interrogation room. Once she did, she ran straight up to Mr. Mikami and embraced him. We all watched as he embraced her back before they looked straight at each other for a few seconds. After doing all that, Ms. Hirota leaned in and kissed Mr. Mikami's lips as she held him close like he was a soldier that just come home after a long war. We all watched as Mr. Mikami placed his arms around Ms. Hirota while kissing her. "Aww," we romantically sighed, unlike the last time when they were kissing right before class yesterday. Maybe it was because we were so happy that we were alive and that we got out of the school before it collapsed. This was mine along with Mei, Jirou, Vincent, Hailey, Daemon, Alissa, Osuke, Melody, Yuto, Sky, and Sam's second chance at life. As much as I hated them for all that they did to me, I was happy that Geffrey, Saiko, their friends, and Mr. Yamamoto also got a second chance at life. I was even more relieved that Mr. Mikami, Ms. Hirota, Ms. Seraphim, Halle, Near, Vincent, and Kyrie didn't die in my vision.

I continued to watch with everyone else as Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota continued to kiss until they stopped. The two looked at each other for a moment and Ms. Hirota placed her head on Mr. Mikami's chest as he held her close. "Oh, Kaito," she said emotionally. "The children, the staff, and everyone else including Kazuo." She then looked up at Mr. Mikami. "I don't think there's any hope for their survival or their full recovery." Tears started to fall down Ms. Hirota's face. "The chances of their survival without being handicapped are less than ten percent meanwhile the overall rate for their survival is close to zero." She buried her hand in Mr. Mikami's chest and continued to cry. "Okay," Mr. Mikami said softly. "We should find a way to bring the students home."

After Mr. Mikami told Ms. Hirota, Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa walked straight to us. "Okay," Chief Matsuda said right before he clapped his hands together. "I believe that we are done for today." Ms. Hirota dried off her tears and turned around so she could look at the two police officers. "Anyway," Commander Aizawa added. "We should get you, children, home." "Don't worry, Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa," Mr. Mikami told him. "We'll find a way to bring them home." He then turned around along with Ms. Hirota and looked at Ms. Seraphim. "Jenny," he said. "Would you please take everybody home?" Ms. Seraphim sighed and pushed her glasses back on. "I would love to, Kaityo," she answered. "But I only have room for Sam, Sky, and three other people."

We then heard footsteps approaching and saw Mr. Yamamoto, Geffrey, Saiko, and their friends coming down the hallway with another police officer who had cheek-length black hair and glasses on his face. "Itsuki," Mr. Mikami said. "I know that we had our differences and all, but would you please do me a big..." "Oh, don't even ask me, you Long Lost Twin Brother of Teru Mikami!" he shouted. "You keep your female Alex Browning student away from my all-time favorite students!" He then headed to the door with his favorite students on his tail. "Come on, kids," he told them. "My wife, Hina is waiting in the car." He opened the door and left it open so that his favorite students could walk out of the door. Once they were all outside, he closed the door. The police officer with the glasses looked at Chief Matsuda and Commander Aizawa. "Can you believe that we share the last name, "Yamamoto"?" he asked. After that, the police officer who shared the same name as Mr. Yamamoto left the room. 

We heard the sound of a phone beeping and saw Ms. Seraphim get her phone out of her denim jacket pocket. "It's Cindy," she said. "She and her daughter, Lily are going to go back to America for a little while." Mr. Mikami and Ms. Hirota turned around and looked at her. "Hey, Jenny," Mr. Mikami said. "Tell them that they can stay with me and Minako until Kazuo recovers." Ms. Seraphim sighed in a mellow way. "Yeah, but, I don't know if Kazuo will ever recover," she told him. "I was interviewed by Sanami. She said that his condition was the worst out of all of the people who were in the building when it collapsed. There's a fifty-five percent chance that he will die." Mr. Mikami's eyes got teary as he clenched his fist. "Kaito," Ms. Hirota said softly. He sighed and then lowered his head as tears streamed down from his eyes. "I shouldn't have allowed him to go back into the building," he sobbed. "It should have been me. I should have been in the building when it collapsed."